Denied Potential addition of SCP-1507.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dopamine

May 13, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
SCP-1507 alongside SCP-1507-2 (Same SCP just put a -2 like 939.)
A specialized new effect for people to watch out for.
More pain in the ass for the foundation (we love foundation nerfs)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
After a brief few minutes of scanning through both the Resolved and current ongoing threads, none of which suggest SCP-1507 to be added, unless I didn't scroll far enough. If it is suggested, my apologizes.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
A welcoming SCP to newcomers, I feel like this SCP would have a level with SCP-1507 being Total level 15, SCP level 3 and SCP-1507-2 being Total level 15, SCP level 5. Allowing more newcomers to use it, the total levels being 15 means they somewhat have an understanding of the server and aren't a minge, with the SCP level 5 meaning they've had experience on just SCP.

Possible new tests for Researchers, figuring out what the SCP is like, seeing if it could be sampled, how it interacts with people, and maybe even discover a new PoI for SCP-1507. (A PoI for SCP-1507 is basically the only person the SCP is chill with and doesn't have clear intentions of killing them, often attempting to even resuscitate them if killed, a PoI will also be guarded by SCP-1507, not allowing foundation personnel or anyone in fact near the PoI.)

Less Dev time, I've noticed when I asked this question in the discord if SCP-1507 would be possible, I was told he already existed, temporarily for an event though, but from that I know the SCP has a model, meaning its most likely going to be easier than creating an entire model for an SCP that hasn't already been made.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Balancing Issues when released, like most SCPs an SCP will most likely release either extremely bad or extremely good, meaning it'll be forced to be given either a buff or a nerf, causing a bit of a pain for the developers to plan out the balancing of the SCP to prevent it from being too OP to the point where its always in use, or too garbage to when its never used.

It's mechanic could be a negative alongside a positive, with the mechanic being a random (not afk) person is selected as the PoI, 1507 and 1507-2 will leave their containment chamber only to stick near this PoI, anyone who comes near said PoI will first be glared at until they walk away, once out of a range made by the PoI, if the same person comes back into the range, 1507 and 1507-2 will attack the person, being sort of consensual bodyguards of the PoI. (Now that I think about it new players would probably suck at this.)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel as if this SCP would be a great addition even with the positives and negatives, looking at the update logs the only recent SCP we've gotten were the 22415s, who have all received plenty of complaints alongside being whitelist only, I feel as if the SCP should be added because of the raw potential it'd have to add a new SCP with a fun new mechanic.

For reference, this is how SCP-1507 looks.
image_2024-05-31_193622673.png

Prplex

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dopamine ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This would take up significant dev time and isn't necessarily an SCP that warrants that level of time and effort to implement.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.