Content Suggestion Proposal changes for 682

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion aims to change 682 to be more in line with its main traits or to make/replace his roar for something that feels better to use.

Roar possible buffs (not to be applied at the same time):
  • Roar now switches affected people to "Keys" swep as if disarming them.
  • Roar no longer self stuns you, but still prevents you from attacking, so you can still reposition yourself.
  • Enhance roar movement impairement abilities, preventing affected players from jumping and turning.

Comments: Roar changes makes up for the roar self stun, which feels really bad since the stun is barely longer than the self-stun, often you end with less HP than if you just ran them down because of people outside of roar range.

Roar possible replacements (not to be applied at the same time):
  • Replace roar with a strong passive HP regen that works in combat (stronger than 9k), but decrease his max hp.
  • Replace roar with passive defense, if under constant damage during the last X seconds, give him damage reduction (or repeating lots of armor if Gmod can't do damage reductions) lasting until he receives no damage for X seconds.
  • Replace roar with passive "Bullet Freeze" which would be explained as a deflecting armor, if you lose X% of your max hp in X seconds activate reality bending "Bullet Freeze" effect on yourself for X seconds.
  • Replace roar with active defense ability similar to "Inversion", activate to create a temporal HP shield based (or armor) on the damage you receive. Ability lasts X seconds, shield lasts until destroyed but won't prevent you from being beamed and cuffed if you were on low BM.

Comments: 682 current "hard to kill reptile" trait is having 40k hp (which also compensates his huge hitbox), which does the trick but i feel its a lazy way to do it and it can be done better and mayble enables some alternate ways of playing him.

A bit more complex of a replacement:
  • Replace roar with size & damage modificators, the more % hp, the more size and damage 682 deals, decreasing % hp will make 682 weaker, but also smaller and faster. At certain % hp 682 will no longer make noise nor trembles the ground when moving, but also loses his ability to break BDs.

Comments: this ability is more about making him more dynamic to fight, would need some damage numbers modifications to get it right.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Didn't find any similar thing suggested (or i searched with the wrong terms).

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
682 feels better to play and is not a simple unga bunga, or at least fixes his roar ability to not feel so bad to use.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time, 682 is a simple SCP so any changes will probably require some dev time to implement, except maybe roar changes.

It would need time or testing to see if changes would be too strong, which would hurt if 682 breaches and the numbers are still not right.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

For being a XK-Class vip SCP, 682 feels too simple, you breach, hulk smash until you are recontained.

Its true you could extrapolate that to almost every scp, but almost every other scp has some "unique" form of playing even if you are just killing everyone... 7722 has ranged & melee and has his armor, 076 has his speed and DPS, 9k have very unique gameplay, 939 with sounds...

And lets better not talk about reality bending SCPs.

I feel like 682 needs something so he is more interesting than big chunky HP bar that bites, the other SCP that i think its like him is 082 but i dont own him so i dunno how it plays or what are his abilities.

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
682 was suppose to get a rework because a suggestion got accepted by its been 2 years since network leadership announce it so :/
+support unless we can get confirmation that the rework is being made
After 2 years i would dare to say they discarded whatever changes they planned

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
+Support
i like these. these seem good

i think something of note should be that, since it would be desired for breaches to last for a shorter amount of time, it would make logical sense to consider things that can end individual combat encounters more quicklier
Forgot to reply

Since nerfs to breach tools and the increased amount of E11 players breaches already last shorter so i guess they are in a good spot right now to test new changes like these ones

Markius

Jul 25, 2024
+Support

682 has always been a very meh SCP to fight, I'm much more scared of a 8837 or 079. A decent passive regen and roar change would make 682 a super cool dynamic SCP to fight, as downtime fighting him would mean losing progress on RCing him, so no more waiting 10 minutes to get a firing line to shred him.

Dec 10, 2022
Unfortunately this much mirrors my previous SCP-682 suggestions (change to have passive health regen instead of 40,000 HP and a huge hitbox), which was rejected out of pocket.

+SUPPORT but I am eighty percent sure this is going to be rejected.