Denied Protected Jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Harvey

MRP War Criminal
Feb 20, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This makes it so trashmen and hobo's aren't allowed to be mugged

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Quality of life, trashmen and hobo's are usually minding their own business either doing contracts or new players trying to make some money.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None really

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It would be a huge quality of life improvement and allows people doing these jobs to mind their own business

Reactions: Nathaniel Brown
+Support

I agree with all your points, however I don't believe the job should have absolute immunity from all RP scenarios. Just being immune from muggings/kidnapping and having their job weapon allowances tweaked to no longer allow them to use 'Any' weapon to reflect this would be a good change. If this would be enforceable at all is another matter though, I do remember their being a lot of confusion and potential abuse around the Protected jobs on Civil City.

Eximortal

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 5, 2021
Neutral

Has never been a big problem with certain jobs getting mugged more than others.

I always deposit money if I have over 100k.

Ellie

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Feb 21, 2021
- Support
I understand your frustrations - but trashmen and hobos are some of the best people to mug and kidnap. They're some of the most mobile, often running around the map more than any other job. The risk of losing money is still very real to these roles, so they should be utilising ATMs just as much as everyone else. It would be nice to be able to 'mind your own business and do contracts', but this isn't really proper RP. There's other ways of protecting yourself - emergency calls to police, staying near other players etc.

eliaspm

Jul 23, 2023
- Support
I understand your frustrations - but trashmen and hobos are some of the best people to mug and kidnap. They're some of the most mobile, often running around the map more than any other job. The risk of losing money is still very real to these roles, so they should be utilising ATMs just as much as everyone else. It would be nice to be able to 'mind your own business and do contracts', but this isn't really proper RP. There's other ways of protecting yourself - emergency calls to police, staying near other players etc.
- support
agree with everything that is said in this post.

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Jack Harvey

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

We're not a fan of having jobs, especially such popular ones that are outdoors a lot, excluded from RP by being protected. Instead, I'd recommend taking steps in RP to try to avoid being mugged, some of which you'll find in the replies of this thread.

This will now be locked, moved, and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.