Content Suggestion RAISA - Recordkeeping and Information Security Administration

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Cent

Aug 8, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would add a completely new department on the server. Consisting of 6 players. While also removing both OSA and ECA. (Those with the position could be reassigned.) The lore of RAISA would be slightly altered so it could fit on the server and would have authority below site administration in the chain of command. RAISA would work closely with SA/SC+ to create documents, approve documents, information management, declassification of information, handle information breaches, etc. RAISA would have complete authority over on-site information breaches instead of ISD.

RAISA would be a non-combative role. The departments cap would be 6 due to the fact they do not need many members.

RAISA would have advanced abilities than most on the SCIP-NET computer system, allowing them to access more than most. They also would be able to see whenever documents are edited, printed, or added to the SCIP-NET computer system.

RAISA would be HEAVILY roleplay based and would only accept those who show an advanced knowledge of roleplay. This is to add a department to the server that could possibly help heal the roleplay.

RAISA would be expected to help welcome new O5-1s and Chairmans alongside the administrator. RAISA would be a Sr. CL4 position that requires application. (THIS ONLY INCLUDES EVENTS)

With the addition of this it would add the following discord roles.

RAISA Director (#C3A768) - Given to all RAISA directors.
Recordkeeping and Information Security Administration (#C3A768) - Given to all RAISA members, can see private RAISA channels.

RAISA catagory.png
20240908130009_1.png

POSITION INFORMATION

RAISA Director - The leader of RAISA, responsible for all operations and decision-making within the department.
Responsibilities:
  • Oversee the security and integrity of all Foundation data, classified documents, and information containment.
  • Collaborate with Site Administration+ on information security policies and data protection.
  • Implement and enforce protocols for data access, usage, and protection across all Foundation departments.
  • Respond to high-priority data breaches or information security threats and guide RAISA in situations.
  • Promote RAISA members internally & accept new members into the department.
Promoted by a vote of SA & SC.
Prefix in-game would be 'Dpt. Director'
2 Slots

Model: Some form of green suit that has many variates. This suit would have a coat that would go past the waste, a lot like the DEA Director models. Could also possibly include a hat.

Weapons: Clearance 4 Access Card, Clipboard, ID Card (Own-Team), M9, Personnel Tablet, Camera, Gestures, Handcuffs, Elastic Restraints, Weapon Checker

RAISA Archivist - Responsible for organizing, securing, and maintaining all classified records and data.

Responsibilities:
  • Maintain an efficient and secure system for storing, retrieving, and categorizing sensitive information.
  • Assist personnel with retrieving classified documents while ensuring proper security measures are followed.
  • Document Maintenance
  • Assistance of SA/SC with any informational issues or inquires.
Promoted by application.
3-4 Slots
Prefix in-game would be 'Archivist'

Model: Some form of green suit that has many variates. Could possibly include a hat.

Weapons: Clearance 4 Access Card, Clipboard, M9, Personnel Tablet, Camera, Gestures, Handcuffs, Weapon Checker

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different:
Yes, oddly enough it was accepted but never added. https://civilnetworks.net/community/threads/addition-of-a-raisa-department-sector.14502/

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
New and enhanced roleplay
New experiences for players
Increased depth in roleplay
Expansion of semi-combative roles.
More communication between others.
Original Roleplay for the server, could possibly help heal the current roleplay state.
Allows for players to create their own RAISA roleplay and not only keeping RAISA as an event role.
Less SL intervention.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Development Time.
Lore would have to be altered to fit the server.
Lack of interest for some players.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted. There are lots of positives and negatives but overall, more positives. Sure, there needs to be lots of debating on certain things, but it would not be a bad addition. The negatives are very low, the main ones I'd be concerned about would be Development time, and more CL4 on site. Developers already have enough to do on the backlog so this would just add to the list. While having more CL4 on site wouldn't be a terrible thing, it would lower the number of CL3, 2, and 1 personnel.​

Last edited:
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different:
Yes, oddly enough it was accepted but never added. https://civilnetworks.net/community/threads/addition-of-a-raisa-department-sector.14502/
honestly i wouldn't be surprised if this idea was internally re-evaluated during a backlog check and was deemed unsuitable for any or all of the following reasons:
  • job bloat (there can only be 128 players max on the server at any given time, this would be more jobs to distribute between them and by virtue of this, there would be a lower population doing everything else. this is bad for server health. also potential CL4/5 bloat)

• potential map changes needed to add somewhere for the new department to go? (unless they take over the old OSA offices as well as the area in front of it, but then that centralises them on floor 3 with unused space in ECO)

• extant issues with vcomputers potentially necessitating a once-over on those so that RAISA can be more effective, as to my understanding this dpt would revolve a bit more around vcomputers than research does

• major headaches involved with changes to rules, usergroups and such, especially for slotting a new dpt in near the top of the hierarchy

• effort to reward ratio from a development perspective
While also removing both OSA and ECA. (Those with the position could be reassigned.)
as i mentioned above, removing jobs comes with the issue of potentially leaving map space unused. additionally, the idea of reassigning people affected may not be suitable for addressing the whole displacement issue
RAISA would have advanced abilities than most on the SCIP-NET computer system, allowing them to access more than most. They also would be able to see whenever documents are edited, printed, or added to the SCIP-NET computer system.
see point #3 above
Recordkeeping and Information Security Administration (#C3A768)
iirc, discord roles have a character limit, this may be too long.
RAISA Director - The leader of RAISA, responsible for all operations and decision-making within the department.
[...]
Weapons: Clearance 4 Access Card
why is the RAISA director not CL5?
New and enhanced roleplay
New experiences for players
Increased depth in roleplay
More communication between others.
Original Roleplay for the server, could possibly help heal the current roleplay state.
nope, it'll be just more behind-the-scenes stuff and generally very similar to the stuff SA/SC/ISD do already. not new or enhanced at all. this will make things worse
Expansion of semi-combative roles.
you updated the suggestion to say that they are a non-combative role but left this point in

i get why people want RAISA and personally enjoy the idea myself, but the current environment cannot reasonably support it
-Support

Last edited:

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Love the idea of adding RAISA however I have a few caveats and disagreements with the duties of RAISA....

RAISA would have complete authority over on-site information breaches instead of ISD.
RAISA should work cooperatively side by side with Internal Affairs (soon to be ISD) to determine what is an infobreach while IA (soon to be ISD) perform arrests for infobreaching.

Infobreaches should be primarily handled by Internal Security with cooperation from RAISA to determine if something is a breach of information security or not.

RAISA would be a semi-combative role; due to the fact they'd deal with information breaches within the facility and would have complete control over such. The departments cap would be 6 due to the fact they do not need many members.
Semi-combativeness isn't needed due to the above reason.

(Those who apply for RAISA could possibly only be accepted by the Roleplay Health team.)
This would blur the line even more with SL involvement in RP relations. At the present moment the only direct involvement that SL/SSL have with RP related things is with EEC & O5-1 selections. I don't think anything below that should be determined by them as it should be left up to RP Leaders (Ethics Committee & O5).

Spawning with an M9 I'd be fine with due to being a target for informational access. However, they should be designated as a non-combative.

Additionally, I like the idea of adding various things to the computer system. Overall I think this needs a lot of discussion from RP Leaders and SL/SSL before implementation.

-Support for now, leaning towards neutral

Mars

Blacklisted Player
Oct 7, 2023
+support backlog is larger than the great wall of china though so i see this happening maybe 2026 (even though it really isnt hard to add a whitelist to a group)

Weapons: Clearance 4 Access Card, Clipboard, ID Card (Own-Team), M9, Personnel Tablet, Camera, Gestures, Handcuffs, Elastic Restraints, Weapon Checker
Change RAISA director to clearance 5 so it can fit the lore more.

(Those who apply for RAISA could possibly only be accepted by the Roleplay Health team.)​
This would just make SL intervene with roleplay even more so I'd prefer this would be changed to something different. I'd rather have SA/SC accept new RAISA.
RAISA would be expected to help welcome new O5-1s and Chairmans alongside the administrator. RAISA would be a Sr. CL4 position that requires application.​
I think what you meant here was that whenever a new -1 or ECC is chosen and the administrator comes on site for their annual event then RAISA would help them with documents and such about the new position. Otherwise anything about the administrator should be strictly only in events.
RAISA would be a semi-combative role; due to the fact they'd deal with information breaches within the facility and would have complete control over such.​
RAISA should be a non-combative, due to the lore and other factors. In the case of a information breach they should evaluate it and relay information to ISD so they can be more effective when dealing with such.

Also outside of this, like recker said. RAISA should work closely with IA. RAISA would deal with the information side of things while IA would deal with the arrests and punishment sides of things.

I feel as here there is lots to discuss and some things to change but otherwise it's not a terrible suggestion and wouldn't be a bad thing to implement. -/+ support.

The last part of your suggestion is AI generated:
View attachment 18021
-Support, We don't need more CL5 members.
The so-called "AI detectors" are usually fake as fuck. Not to forget that one isn't even certain if it's AI generated.

The only legit way to tell is reading it and using your guts; either way, I do agree with you, that text is just rambling about how "RAISA" brings more "immersive RP" in a GPT "ignorant" style, and it doesn't even point out the negatives.

Also -Support OP, you should know better.

The so-called "AI detectors" are usually fake as fuck. Not to forget that one isn't even certain if it's AI generated.

The only legit way to tell is reading it and using your guts; either way, I do agree with you, that text is just rambling about how "RAISA" brings more "immersive RP" in a GPT "ignorant" style, and it doesn't even point out the negatives.

Also -Support OP, you should know better.
1726001849042.pngnot sure is it ai or not

Cent

Aug 8, 2024
where would they even have their office if OSA/ECA get replaced with them

ECO is taken

F3 is taken
If ECA and OSA were replaced, then RAISA could somehow be placed in their current offices. Otherwise, a possible addition to the map...?
What is the point of removing all Assistants? And if they were to be removed, where exactly would they be re assigned?
RAISA would take up most of what OSA and ECAs currently do, no need to have all four of them if they overlap in duties. The reassignments would have to be discussed amongst others. I'm thinking just any other misc. Jr. CL4. (Not MTF)
-Support, we don't need more CL5 members.
I agree, that's why I think it's better keeping them a CL4. Like I have it currently.
Semi-combativeness isn't needed due to the above reason.
Makes total sense for them to be non-combative now that I think of it. I'll be editing this on the suggestion!