Denied Re-addition of MC&D ability to purchase SCP-099 and SCP-3078 instances

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Back sometime in 2022, MC&D were able to spawn in instances of SCP-099 and SCP-3078 for money (Unless I'm EXTREMELY schizo, because I remember purchasing an 099 at least once as 073, close to 073's addition.) This suggestion advocates for the re-implementation of this mechanic to further enhance MC&D and GoI RP, instead of making MC&D just "better gun dealer." Furthermore, maybe adding even more anomalies, such as spawnable 513 entities or 714's.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Enhanced RP for the Chaos Insurgency. At the moment, getting anomalies as CI is very hard, and testing is even harder, especially when comms for the SCP being sold open almost immediately. By buying SCPs, the R&D department could do tests more often
Enhanced RP for MC&D. As of now, MC&D is pretty much "Gun Dealer, but energy weapons." This would allow for enhanced MC&D RP for reasons I hope are obvious
Enhanced Events. Now, during an event, someone could spawn in an instance of 099/3078/513/714 for a variety of RP reasons, including sale of the anomaly, torture using the anomaly, etc.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People might not want to buy 099/3078/513/714 instances, or it could be too expensive for RP.
People might make lag machines using these anomaly's effects, though I doubt that will happen, with MC&D being an XK-Class VIP job.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
To enhance RP for every GoI, especially CI. Currently, R&D usually get 3-5 minutes with an anomaly before getting cut off by the finishing of negotiations, which is almost never enough time. By buying anomalies, R&D members can better RP. Same applies to the GOC and foundation coming to grab an anomaly or operatives wanting to melt it. It could even improve F RP, by making these anomalies movable instead of stationary (Outside of 3078 breaches [Unless those got removed. Haven't seen one in a minute, so maybe it has been, but I don't see it in change logs.])

Last edited:

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The removal of these items was due to abuse of it.
At the same time, we have some MC&D reworks already planned.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.