Content Suggestion Reduce Type-Blue HP or Armor

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Jan 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Reduce the HP of Type Blue to 350 instead of 500.
or
Remove Type Blue's armor completely.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Couldn't tell you. I haven't checked.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. Less of a pain for everyone to deal with Type Blue's during big raids
  2. Quicker raids so that everyone can go back to RPing

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. CI mass downvoting this because "hurr durr CI nerf"
  2. Type-Blue would have to be played by a competent player to achieve much
  3. Less reliability for only the Type-Blue to be holding choke points

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I'm fairly certain that everyone is sick of Type-Blue being able to kill people instantly without seemingly any sort of cooldown, but that's besides the point. Type-Blue's are already a force to fight against and can easily prolong raids or even breaches by 30 minutes. Something that none of us want, given we're playing on an RP server, not a warfare one.

Type-Blue's often enough use their inversion to stand in the middle of a doorway and gun to anyone that comes into view. Not only can they shoot while that is active, they also get HP depending on how many times they've been shot while the power is active. Easily bringing them back up to 500HP should one not know what inversion does.

They should not have more health than a Juggernaut to begin with. They're lightly armored compared to a Jugg, can sprint and use body swap in an instant. They should be fightable by a handful of people, not by a full squadron of 10, heavily armed dudes, throwing their whole arsenal against one guy.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023
I personally think nerfing the TB a second time would be the fatal strike to it's capabilities, purpose and advantage over regular humans. As the lore depicts it, "TYPE BLUE" humanoids are far stronger than regular humanoids; and nerfing them down to a slightly buffed up human without the ability to gain armor like regular humans would kill the advantage and turn it into a 350hp bend shoot reality bender.

If you'd really want a compatible nerf, my best suggestion is to nerf inversion hard to where it has a cooldown and isn't an insta-selection ability. Perhaps dynamic damage resistance should also apply in this case? So that the damage siphoned through inversion isn't real-time and has a slight decrease upwards of 10 - 12%? I feel like that'd be better than just nerfing it's jobset HP.
The last "nerf" wasn't even a nerf. It barely scratched the issues that Type-Blue brings with it. Having fought against one on multiple occasions, I fail to spot the difference between now and prior to the nerfs.

Apr 4, 2023
As the lore depicts it,
Lore argument for content detected, opinion rejected.

Reality bending is not fun to fight. I can tolerate it for SCPs, as they're SCPs , but when I encounter somewhere with 500hp and my body has been dissolved before I even seen them, I don't enjoy it.

Sure Scrantons can work..oh wait the destabilise ability and the TB always being in a group unless disguised..

I'd personally remove reality bending or the instakill abilities at the very least.

And whine about a CI nerf if you want, I can tell you for a fact the CI would do just as well without it.

• Love
Reactions: Niox

YandereMuffin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
+ Support

For this part "Reduce the HP of Type Blue to 350 instead of 500."

In my mind, TB should not be 3x as tanky as a normal guy when they're using absolutely no powers / they are scranton'd - they should be maybe slightly tankier, which I think this change would be good for (I actually think they should be nerfed more than this).

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
Also count class d TYPE BLUE which is even weaker than regular CI, GOC or Foundation TB as the Class-D presets usually make it that way (not sure why). If that role can't even get armor well what's the point - there will be no easy counterplay against humans for a Class-D TB if they are so weak..
Foundation thauma is the weakest of the reality benders as its a non-combative role, he only has 50 energy

werta600

Jan 5, 2024

Reality bending is not fun to fight. I can tolerate it for SCPs, as they're SCPs , but when I encounter somewhere with 500hp and my body has been dissolved before I even seen them, I don't enjoy it.

Sure Scrantons can work..oh wait the destabilise ability and the TB always being in a group unless disguised..

I'd personally remove reality bending or the instakill abilities at the very least.

And whine about a CI nerf if you want, I can tell you for a fact the CI would do just as well without it.
You dont want reality bending non-scp to not have instakill abilities, a big chunk of the power of their kit is dissolve and headpop

If they remove those 2 powers, they would have to add 2 more and big buff the rest to compensate the huge nerf that is losing the chance of instakilling 4 people

Lore is a key-position point for making changes isn’t it? Why would a literal reality bending soldier be as weak as the other troops he marches along with?

Also, TB takes a slight amount of skill, I understand your concern that it might be difficult to kill but with a few peeps you can take one down rather simply..