Content Suggestion Removal of Nu7 Medic and replace it with combat medics

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Jon dingleshmerg

Jul 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:[Remove & Add]

Removal of Nu7 Medics and adding two combat medic slots to replace the jobs

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I have not seen a similar suggestion provided from this year. What makes this suggestion different is that it fixes the biggest issue for the medical department and Nu7 regiment.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. Combat medics will be capable of providing aid to every sector of the foundation
  2. Nu7 will gain proper medical treatment and efficient aid
  3. Both Nu7 and the medical department Combat medics will be able to work together
  4. Improvement of Quality of Life
  5. Combat Medics will be capable of going to surface
  6. Nu7 will have a medical team capable of doing more than revival and healing
  7. Nu7 will have more connections to the internal departments
  8. Nu7 will have say in policy changes with medical department
  9. Nu7 will be able to gain more RP opportunities
  10. Nu7 will not have to gain a medical license for a single job slot
  11. DEA will be able to gain proper medical aid
  12. SOP will not need to go to the medbay for a medic
  13. SOP will have more people capable of providing medical aid
  14. SOP will be more Efficient than ever before

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

1. Nu7 will not have medics in their regiment
  2. SOP will have difficulty with combat medics in beginning, but it should iron out after a week
  3. Combat medics will have to face the difficulties of surface dilemmas
  4. CI, and GOC could deal with a squad of only combat medics (Policies will need to be worked for this to not happen)
  5. Nu7 will not be self sufficient

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

The issue of Nu7 medics are severe and their purpose is very limited, This will provide efficient aid and improve their combat efficiency. The desire for medical aid and for that desire to be fulfilled should be efficient and inclusive.

Efficiency is a major aspect of work, it is the value of the job done, but Nu7 Medics are incapable of doing a combat medic or doctors job, but require more than both jobs to become a Nu7 Medic. According to Nu7 CPL Karl Blackwood,”Every surface faction has a medic that is directly integrated into itself, then why should SOP (DEA and Nu7) not have it?”. Nu7 and DEA should be allowed to combat opponents and experience medical role-play without the cost of waiting for either SA/DOM permission or one of their two Nu7 Medics to get on the job. Considering opportunity cost, the cost of Keeping Nu7 Medics and keeping Combat medics away from the surface is more than the cost of removing the job and allowing combat medics to go assist SOP on surface.

Combat efficiency is a good asset. When providing assistance to Surface, it also include de-escalating a situation too. Specifically with civilians, and GOC. Nu7 and DEA have several policies and protocols to attend to during hot zones and casual interactions. SOP operations will be able to be ran smoother than before due to the inclusion of combat medics in garage or on the field. According to CI-C MCOM Niox, “they have Defibs and first aid kits, that’s basically it.” The inclusion of Combat medics will include a better value of medical aid in firefights, operations, and standard security.

In conclusion, Nu7 medics are inefficient and impractical to the medics already introduced in the medical department. The Efficient aid in medicine and combat will provide and easier time for both Nu7 and DEA. The role of a combat medic is to support, and this is what it should have been doing what Nu7 medics have done from the start.

Pod

Dec 15, 2023
-support
Don't wanna go down two elevators to get someone to stop my bleeding

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
- support. Combat Medics are already permitted and allowed to assist Nu7. There is literally no benefit to this.

Jon dingleshmerg

Jul 20, 2022
I have noticed a few of the commenters have not read the suggestion before commenting. Here is a summary, Combat medics are better medics than Nu7, Combat medics on surface is a rp policy change and this suggestion is not for that reason. Combat medics are fundamentally better in all accounts and make Nu7 medics inefficient in comparison. The use of Nu7 medics are limited and Nu7 are always requesting combat medics to surface instead of their own Nu7 medics. Combat medics on surface is a benefit more than a cost.

Consultant Jon "Wiz" Dingleshmerg

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I think expanding on Medicals Combative branch would be a great idea rather than just outright removing Nu-7 medic & adding more CM slots

Reactions: Niox

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
-support do you realise how often nu7 shoot each other on surface, you couldn't expect us to walk ourselves all the way down two floors to get it healed!!

in all reality though still -support, nu7 medics are just a nice to have, as combat medics are not always available and when going out on patrol or a raid good to have one with you - combat medics can still be involved

I think expanding on Medicals Combative branch would be a great idea rather than just outright removing Nu-7 medic & adding more CM slots
+support for pyros idea though

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
I have noticed a few of the commenters have not read the suggestion before commenting. Here is a summary, Combat medics are better medics than Nu7, Combat medics on surface is a rp policy change and this suggestion is not for that reason. Combat medics are fundamentally better in all accounts and make Nu7 medics inefficient in comparison. The use of Nu7 medics are limited and Nu7 are always requesting combat medics to surface instead of their own Nu7 medics. Combat medics on surface is a benefit more than a cost.

Soo what are we going to do when we need to Code Word check them? Leak the code word to such an easily obtainable job? How are they expected to know of the guidelines or even announcements related to Nu7? They don't have access to the teamspeak nor discord channel. This would literally never work. You're trying to solve a problem that literally doesn't exist.

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
-support
like 10/14 of the positives are just wrong, just a net negative all around, it's clear this wasn't really thought through heaps looking at some of the positives and negatives. (Ive personally never seen a combat medic "death squad" before so I can't imagine that's really a negative)

Calling combat medics more efficient and fundamentally better than Nu-7 medics is just blatantly untrue, also I've just never seen Nu-7 ask for combat medics on surface, at all.

This whole suggestion just feels like you're saying "My medics are better than their medics so remove their medics and give me more", which is honestly a crazy take and shows you don't entirely understand the role Nu-7 medics play within Nu-7.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToasterStrudels

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
Aside from what I just said, this would not work

Nu7 medics need to have a reliable way to communicate with their medics, especially on surface. As well as that they'd need access to Regimental info such as GOI policies or Codewords

Would everyone whitelisted to CM just be given access to Nu7s discord and TS?
Would they need to add Nu7 Comms to CM?
If someone was blacklisted from Nu7 would they then be blacklisted from CM?

This really was not thought out

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa

nu7 medics better, combat medics don't even know how to defib a ci for kidnaps

Glazzing

May 31, 2023
Des Moines, Iowa
-support
like 10/14 of the positives are just wrong, just a net negative all around, it's clear this wasn't really thought through heaps looking at some of the positives and negatives. (Ive personally never seen a combat medic "death squad" before so I can't imagine that's really a negative)

Calling combat medics more efficient and fundamentally better than Nu-7 medics is just blatantly untrue, also I've just never seen Nu-7 ask for combat medics on surface, at all.

This whole suggestion just feels like you're saying "My medics are better than their medics so remove their medics and give me more", which is honestly a crazy take and shows you don't entirely understand the role Nu-7 medics play within Nu-7.
if anything give nu7 more medics