Accepted Removal of Random Power Failures

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this add/change/remove?:
This would completely remove, or at least heavily nerf, the random power failures. Here are the options I can see.

1. Complete Removal. This speaks for itself
2A. Nerf them by reducing the amount of time they are active
2B. Allow them to be ended early by having the reactors repaired like during a deserved power failure
3. Randomise what actually breaks (E.g Turrets and Tesla's go down for the alloted time)
4. Make it so that it can only happen during Mass Breaches (3+ SCPs)

Has this been suggested before?:
I searched the keywords and couldn't find anything

Possible Positives
1. Breaches don't randomly become more difficult to deal with.
2. It is more balanced for Foundation
3. Could influence SCPs to start going for reactor again

Potential Negatives
Harder for SCPs to cause a Code Black

Based on the positives and negatives why should this be added?:
Honestly these things suck ass

*Cough Cough, Keycard scanner failure, cough*

Ok now onto my actual argument against it

They suck ass to deal with because there is no way to prevent them from happening. It just randomly appears to slap the Combatives and ruin what little RP could be done during an active Code

A site wide power failure caused by SCPs breaking Reactor, it's annoying to deal with but at least they had to put in the effort to do it. So it is deserved on the SCPs part

However a random power failure feels completely undeserved as they get 10-15 minutes to freely charge around while killing everything, without needing to worry about Turrets or Teslas whilst non SCPs are stuck in spawn for upwards of 5 minutes at times

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023
2B. Allow them to be ended early by having the reactors repaired like during a deserved power failure
or just randomize them

rather than getting all failures in one power outage, make it a random chance to break x or y

Reactions: Niox

Deleted member 1078

-Support not being able to see is good RP and gameplay

3. Randomise what actually breaks (E.g Turrets and Tesla's go down for the alloted time)
or just randomize them

rather than getting all failures in one power outage, make it a random chance to break x or y
alternative, this solution i proposed to a different suggestion regarding teslas:
random blackouts, instead of just randomly happening, only randomly happen while teslas are on (as a result of power being used for tesla causing brownouts or smth, because even though the facility is powered by reactors, that's still a lot of electric to be sending to one small place, very quickly - so this is reasonable) and conversely when teslas are off, random blackouts can never happen.

+Support
i hate love!!!! sitting behind door pressing it 10 times and then somebody else comes and presses it 1 onces and it opens
tbh blackouts schould just happen when like 3-4+ scps are breached and not when 1 scp breaches and the blackout happens in like 10 minutes into the breach. (fun rp)

May 30, 2023
On top of your suggestion, I would suggest to limit it to higher amounts of breached SCPs before it has a chance to occur. For example, lets say it first has a chance to occur when 3+ SCPs are breached rather than sometimes occurring at 2 or 1 which is just a nuisance for people. As the total number of breaches increases the odds of a blackout will increase starting at a reasonable 3 SCPs.

Biggest +Support of my life
If a blackout happens there is literally no counterplay, you just have to sit in darkness for 20 minutes or however long it takes before the generator decides "oh i'm alive now?"
I think it adds atmosphere so I don't think it should be removed, but holy hell make it so tech personnel can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.