Removal of Staff Ruling regarding Rule 4.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrt

Aug 17, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Prevention of D-Class from having the ability to very easily bait sits against players, as well as stopping them from having more staff protections than a significant portion of the server which can very easily disrupt RP during scenarios.

When situations like Code 1 or 5s are active and every combative has got their finger on the trigger, having to stop and deal with a D-Class and forcing them to surrender only to possibly get baited by them will be extremely frustrating to the player involved.

Whilst I understand that D-Class escaping all the way from D-Block to HCZ or EZ is no easy feat, giving them this protection means that they are automatically at an OOC advantage against whoever catches them and it becomes more of a mind game than an RP situation for the combatant player to not make a very easy to make mistake if they are in the heat of a Code 1/5 or engaged in other tasks already.

It is also important to note that the Foundation Legal Codex already has a codex entry on this matter, which means this ruling now invalidates it as it cannot both be an IC and OOC issue at the same time as staff would always take priority to resolve it. It only makes sense to have one or the other and UK has handled dealing with it via tribunal or citation very well for months.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
As this ruling was only posted today, I do not believe any other suggestions have been posted on it yet.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Maintains clear guidelines to all combatants on how to handle D-Class outside of D-Block.
Ensures minimal interruption to combatants who may be pre-occupied with Code 1s and 5s and reduces disruption to the raid gameplay loop.
Keeps the issue of people not following this guidance to IC as it would be a protocol violation, allows for more RP to be generated and meaningful IC consequences to happen if someone is caught.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Makes process of escape more difficult for D-Class.
Some minor edge cases where a combatant kills the D-Class and is then not caught and punished will occur.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
UK has proven that this issue can be handled completely IC and adding this ruling is going to remove that process entirely. It is undeniable that some edge cases occur where people aren't caught for just mowing down a D-Class, but I believe this is outweighed by the amount of player interactions generated from providing IC punishment like demotions or strikes.

Whilst it makes escaping remain difficult for D-Class, it is important to remember that they are about as important to the Foundation as literal dirt outside of testing. If they managed to escape, they would not have such protections on them.

Reactions: McFlurry and Benji

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
+support, I understand the reasoning to engage in more RP with D Class, but like honestly you know how heavily abused this will be, and how much more of a detriment this will be to everyone, than it would fix anything. We already had FLC rules in place to avoid the unneeded killing of D Class, this rule is just shit

Reactions: Benji

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
nah all +supports here are just people that lost their "killing innocent d class" dopamine

anyways neutral

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Naffen

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support

Ethics have sabotaged staff and forced them to add this

Last edited:

Mighty Beast

Aug 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Prevention of D-Class from having the ability to very easily bait sits against players, as well as stopping them from having more staff protections than a significant portion of the server which can very easily disrupt RP during scenarios.

When situations like Code 1 or 5s are active and every combative has got their finger on the trigger, having to stop and deal with a D-Class and forcing them to surrender only to possibly get baited by them will be extremely frustrating to the player involved.

Whilst I understand that D-Class escaping all the way from D-Block to HCZ or EZ is no easy feat, giving them this protection means that they are automatically at an OOC advantage against whoever catches them and it becomes more of a mind game than an RP situation for the combatant player to not make a very easy to make mistake if they are in the heat of a Code 1/5 or engaged in other tasks already.

It is also important to note that the Foundation Legal Codex already has a codex entry on this matter, which means this ruling now invalidates it as it cannot both be an IC and OOC issue at the same time as staff would always take priority to resolve it. It only makes sense to have one or the other and UK has handled dealing with it via tribunal or citation very well for months.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
As this ruling was only posted today, I do not believe any other suggestions have been posted on it yet.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Maintains clear guidelines to all combatants on how to handle D-Class outside of D-Block.
Ensures minimal interruption to combatants who may be pre-occupied with Code 1s and 5s and reduces disruption to the raid gameplay loop.
Keeps the issue of people not following this guidance to IC as it would be a protocol violation, allows for more RP to be generated and meaningful IC consequences to happen if someone is caught.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Makes process of escape more difficult for D-Class.
Some minor edge cases where a combatant kills the D-Class and is then not caught and punished will occur.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
UK has proven that this issue can be handled completely IC and adding this ruling is going to remove that process entirely. It is undeniable that some edge cases occur where people aren't caught for just mowing down a D-Class, but I believe this is outweighed by the amount of player interactions generated from providing IC punishment like demotions or strikes.

Whilst it makes escaping remain difficult for D-Class, it is important to remember that they are about as important to the Foundation as literal dirt outside of testing. If they managed to escape, they would not have such protections on them.
+SUPORT ?️?this needs to be dealt with IMEDIATELY

Max Henry

Jul 25, 2022
Site 184. Nova Scotia, Canada
Neutral

I can see where you are coming from but still, GSD kill d-class without a reason just to save time or for no reason way too often and it's not just GSD other combative departments have varying level's of this problem.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
+ Support
New rule kinda just removes IA and ethics as you can just call a staff member

Mysticc

Jul 29, 2023
-support combatives just camp outside d-block when they are bored to just to kill dclass running out.

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
+support
Used to be dclass main myself, this "rule" would be just abused to much and gensec would only hesitate to shoot d class outside of dblock if they go nearby 914.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
+support

death row inmate rp players when they actually experience death row inmate rp: :mad:

Ozz

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 13, 2022
+Support
As D5-1 i think this is a bad change, Reason? Cringe

(Jokes aside)
As a person why only played for a long time and i would say this is very very abusable
I understand where this is coming from and why u want more RP with d class and new players but i can easily start getting refunds and easy escapes, as a dclass player i tiptoe on the rules when im playing and this is no secret and i would see my self or others abuse this so much (keep in mind when i play d class i try to RP 70% of the time with what look i get but not everyone wants to do that)

Status
Not open for further replies.