Denied Removal of the "Negotiation Guidelines"

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Stops the Negotiation Guidelines doc from being enforced by staff, rather being used as a "guideline" not a "rule" (i.e Recommended price for a Nu-7 PVT is 5k, but CI can sell for 2.5k). Allows for more negotiation RP instead of "this is price SL demands".

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No, N/A

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Allows for more RP in negotiations
+ Gives SOP leadership of all factions more possibilities for in-character deals and negotiations outside of monetary gain (US CI is currently working with Nu-7 and DEA to make chemicals possible to trade instead of money, which is a good system IMO).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- CI won't like that DEA won't buy back 2 Nu-7 PVTs that were AFK in garage for 10k (CI also hates the negotiation guidelines on US)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This may be a US server issue, but all 3 factions on US absolutely hate the negotiation guidelines as it ruins all hostage RP, and instead is just "5k for this guy, 10k for this guy, 20k for this guy" (etc.), which is really boring. Allowing for diverse prices and actual negotiation RP will make the server a lot more fun for all 3 sides.

Note: I am not saying to delete the doc, I am saying to not make it mandated, I think the document should still exist as a recommendation and a baseline to follow, not a must and staff-enforced rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mayuri
i guarantee you this guy begrudgingly paid a bunch of cash for a kidnapped MAJ or something before making this suggestion
No, actually I was having a discussion with the CI LTCOM, and it was basically either he posted it or I did. We both dislike this system greatly.

-Support
-support US issue kekw
also if removed nobody would ever pay more than 5k for a COM, i guarantee you this guy begrudgingly paid a bunch of cash for a kidnapped MAJ or something before making this suggestion
what would ruin RP is if nobody was ever bothered to pay anything for hostages because "there's no minimum so we can ask for 2k and you can't do anything about it !!!"
Literally what bill said. Its a US only issue, so if its been fixed on the UK you can fix it there.

I will only buy back my COM for £7 and a mcdonalds ice cream

Suggestion Denied

Hi Second,
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Superadmin team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This document at least ensures that there is a minimum price to be paid for each rank, and would prevent people from selling a Commander for something as low as $5 or something such as that.

If you would like to discuss a time to get together with GOC, CI, and DEA/Nu7 members from UK and US, as well as an SL member from both servers, I'm happy to discuss changing the pricing on the document.​

• Sad
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.