Denied Remove 323 until the memory leak issue is resolved.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizara

Nov 3, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removing 323 from the server temporarily until the server memory leak problem is fixed. The 323 glitch is at a point where it happens every single day. I haven't been able to play in 3 days because every time I get on, I (and atleast 10 other people in D Block) are 323 glitched.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I've been saying it for a month now, but have yet to see anything on the forums

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Allows the players to play the game (Yes, SL can restart the server, but lately they rarely bother, and the issue persists until scheduled restart)
- Increase in late night playercounts (Late night playercount has been dropping because players load in, see their screen in black and white, and realize that "oh well, I guess I dont get to play tonight")

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- SL has to find a new way to temporarily allow collection of 323 blood samples
- Temporary drop in surface content

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
323 being removed would cause a decrease in content for surface jobs, but 8854 would still remain. Is having one surface SCP worth the playerbase being unable to play the game in later hours?

Honestly yeah

Just get staff to set their model to 323, give themselves 100k HP, and a matador to simulate 323 breach experience every few hours. Can be a permanent solution to the 323 glitch

+ Soup

(In SCP TS Ventz said it'd probably just be a super quick fix, and it's high prio, so hopefully it doesn't need to come to this).

Vizara

Nov 3, 2022
Honestly yeah

Just get staff to set their model to 323, give themselves 100k HP, and a matador to simulate 323 breach experience every few hours. Can be a permanent solution to the 323 glitch

+ Soup

(In SCP TS Ventz said it'd probably just be a super quick fix, and it's high prio, so hopefully it doesn't need to come to this).
I've been saying that it needs to be removed for a month now, and this "super quick fix" hasnt come. It's at the point where it is affecting playercounts. SL needs to take some kind of action.

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Vizara
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The issue the player base calls the "323" bug is not an issue with the scp itself. It is a n issue with the server running out of memory. Yes we could remove the scp so there isn't the effect, but you would still have to slowness. We are still working on ways to mitigate the memory issue so it does not appear often. So as of right now we will not be removing 323. If there is anymore questions about this please feel free to DM me on discord at throughraptor73.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.