Accepted Remove Redundancy from ERT loadouts

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes useless items from ERT such as the CL 3 card, 3 guns each, the handgun, the radio, personnel tablet, etc. Reasons are as follows: ERT don't need 2 keycards, idek who thought of that idea but it's just an extra slot to traverse. ERT doesn't use radio period, personnel tablet you can't even use as ERT/even if you could, there's no use for it so it takes up space. And 3 guns? I get it, if you have an auger and don't want to shoot D-Class with it so you switch to the brad or MSBS or something but we don't need 3 guns let alone a handgun to go along with said 3 guns, I'd argue 2 guns is enough, especially considering the infinite ammo pack we get. Just remove the redundant items.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No idea, considering ERT still has these items I'd assume either it's been made but hasn't been implemented given there would be no reason to deny the suggestion, or it has been accepted but the necessary people to make it happen are busy as usual.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Reduces number of stupid items ERT gets and allows easier navigation between equipment selection.

Quicker weapon switching to equipment you actually need/care about without useless shit getting in your way

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None, this suggestion is without flaw. I could spend 10 minutes thinking about the possible negatives but I'd be here all day, literally can't think of one other than the "The people required to implement this are too busy" argument, which I can understand and 100% sympathize with.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion is nothing but beneficial, make it happen pretty please! (Also change Emergency Response Team --> Emergency Response Platoon) [Joke]

Reasons are as follows: ERT don't need 2 keycards, idek who thought of that idea but it's just an extra slot to traverse.
Just give ERT CL 4 biometric then? Why not.
ok so you don't know how the system works. ERT are biomertric CL3, but have a non biometric CL4 card so they can open blastdoors as well as get into CL4 SCP areas.

you can't remove their biometric CL3 without making them biometric CL4. CT have said before that ERT should not be biometric CL4 in a previously denied suggestion - which would mean they could minge by opening AA for anyone, get into bio CL4 areas, etc.
personnel tablet you can't even use as ERT/even if you could, there's no use for it so it takes up space.
...? i've used the personnel tablet as ERT before to check headcams of someone that panic buttoned. very useful to try and locate a breached SCP. also useful to turn off your own headcam to go into say, ethics or FL3 if there's a breach there.
And 3 guns? I get it, if you have an auger and don't want to shoot D-Class with it so you switch to the brad or MSBS or something but we don't need 3 guns let alone a handgun to go along with said 3 guns, I'd argue 2 guns is enough, especially considering the infinite ammo pack we get. Just remove the redundant items.
so the weapon loadout is different depending on what squad you're in. i agree that the handgun is a little redundant in every case but there are some things that work better in some ranges than others. you are also allowed to auger D-Class as ERT.

i do otherwise agree with your points, but there's just too much of a lack of understanding of ERT's loadout
-/+ Neutral

ok so you don't know how the system works. ERT are biomertric CL3, but have a non biometric CL4 card so they can open blastdoors as well as get into CL4 SCP areas.

you can't remove their biometric CL3 without making them biometric CL4. CT have said before that ERT should not be biometric CL4 in a previously denied suggestion - which would mean they could minge by opening AA for anyone, get into bio CL4 areas, etc.

...? i've used the personnel tablet as ERT before to check headcams of someone that panic buttoned. very useful to try and locate a breached SCP. also useful to turn off your own headcam to go into say, ethics or FL3 if there's a breach there.

so the weapon loadout is different depending on what squad you're in. i agree that the handgun is a little redundant in every case but there are some things that work better in some ranges than others. you are also allowed to auger D-Class as ERT.

i do otherwise agree with your points, but there's just too much of a lack of understanding of ERT's loadout
-/+ Neutral
fair enough

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
+Support on radio, reducing number of guns to only the actually functionally useful and functionally separate guns (no handguns, no multiple assault rifles, etc.), -Support on other stuff

The weapon switching is very over cluttered, and I wish more could be done, but most of the equipment has its uses. Maybe they could add an addon to the server that was just a better weapon switch system? Some already exist that look more usable.

On areas of your suggestion that you have changed your mind on or been given reasons for, I would personally suggest you edit the original post to change/remove/add things, and add an EDIT explanation alongside, so that your final suggestion that CT will review will be in the best form and be more likely to be accepted.

I'm not going to edit the original post, despite a lot of good points being made. Staff will accept what they will and deny what they will. Personally, I still think most of these things need to be removed. ERT should get 2 guns max, no pistol, ERT pretty much never uses the CL 3 biometric considering there isn't one CL 3 biometric they need to unlock, and the radio? Like... really? No one uses the radio OR teamspeak on ERT.

I'm not going to edit the original post, despite a lot of good points being made. Staff will accept what they will and deny what they will. Personally, I still think most of these things need to be removed. ERT should get 2 guns max, no pistol, ERT pretty much never uses the CL 3 biometric considering there isn't one CL 3 biometric they need to unlock, and the radio? Like... really? No one uses the radio OR teamspeak on ERT.
usually they get 2, but ones that get 3 are usually close range, medium and longer range weapons

the pistol is good utility for downing people and is better to have as a sidearm than without

they use cl3 bio to open most bio doors excluding cl4, which ert are not allowed to enter: (AA, Offices etc)

you never know if they decide to implement a radio frequency, and teamspeak is usually used by ert otherwise

usually they get 2, but ones that get 3 are usually close range, medium and longer range weapons

the pistol is good utility for downing people and is better to have as a sidearm than without

they use cl3 bio to open most bio doors excluding cl4, which ert are not allowed to enter: (AA, Offices etc)

you never know if they decide to implement a radio frequency, and teamspeak is usually used by ert otherwise
Tell me, what is the last CL 3 bio required door you had to open as ERT? I won't wait because it'll take all day for you to find out all the CL 3 bio doors and write one down.

As for the loadouts, There are a number of kits, I trust staff will use their judgement and dictate which loadouts have the most unnecessary gear and go from there. For example: I think the AA-12 + Sentry gun kit is perfectly fine, I do not like the loadout with the MK8, FHR, and the 3rd gun since it's just too many guns.

Assuming my suggestions get approved, and each loadout only gets 2 guns, there would be 0 use for the pistol, there isn't even a need for the pistol as it is! IF I had to choose which loadout to keep it in, it would be the AA-12 loadout simply as a backup medium ranged choice. The others especially do NOT need a handgun!

I personally never see ERT use TeamSpeak but they should! I encourage everyone to use TS since it's used virtually by everyone and the only people that complain about it are just getting used to it. ERT doesn't need the radio period!

Disclaimer: Hot take, potentially brain numbing opinion.

if i remember correctly the job you were on before hopping on ERT may carry over gear (been a long time since i've actually been on the job before tho) which might affect your loadout but take that with a grain of salt
No it's the position you join. There's 3 slots per team and each slot gives a different loadout, I am 90% sure of this. But hey, imagine IA>ERT just getting a p90^2. Oh wait.. that's the FHR, my bad. Welp, looks like you were right (jk).

Status
Not open for further replies.