Denied Remove Staff Ruling 4.05 or Change it.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Removes Staff Ruling 4.05 or change it to where D-Class are allowed to kill GOI's only on surface to prevent people from job abusing to counter C.I in D-Block.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:[/B]

Not that I know of

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):[/B]

It'll allow D-Class to do more on surface instead of "Run around until you get captured by C.I/GOC or die to Foundation"

Lore Wise it makes sense considering D-Class are Death Row inmates and are people who will literally do anything they want including mass murdering people. It would also allow for some RP to be had if a D-Class shoots up Pinewood and start RP with the Mayor/Rangers.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:[/B]

It'll give D-Class more ways to just kill people.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

It should be suggested because it's a dumb rule that limits what Death Row inmates can do. Death Row inmates are awful people and realistically would murder anyone who gets in their way or just anyone for the fun of it. I don't think it'll be too difficult either to see if people are spawn camping civilians if it gets reported.

Last edited:
"Dclass already MRDM, so we should encourage it instead of discouraging it"

and as I have said before, They are serial killers and the worst of the worst. It's an RP Server. Do you want D-Class to be upstanding citizens? There are rules to prevent them for outright spawn camping and again they RARELY make it to surface. GOC, Foundation and, CI can all take care of them easily. You're also completely ignoring anything I've said about encouraging more RP on Surface which this suggestion is about.

Last edited:
and as I have said before, They are serial killers and the worst of the worst. It's an RP Server. Do you want D-Class to be upstanding citizens? There are rules to prevent them for outright spawn camping and again they RARELY make it to surface. GOC, Foundation and, CI can all take care of them easily.
Just because it makes sense in RP does not mean it should be implemented in the server

Realistically should Dclass be KOS outside dblock? Yes, but it would ruin their gameplay loop

Realistically would the CI base still exist after they went to war with the GOC? Nope, they'd have been bombed into oblivion

Realistically would turrets be so sporadically placed after so many breaches? Nope. They'd be outside every CC by now

Just because it makes sense in RP does not mean it should be implemented in the server

Realistically should Dclass be KOS outside dblock? Yes, but it would ruin their gameplay loop

Realistically would the CI base still exist after they went to war with the GOC? Nope, they'd have been bombed into oblivion

Realistically would turrets be so sporadically placed after so many breaches? Nope. They'd be outside every CC by now

While gameplay should be a priority that doesn't mean we should invalidate any RP from happening. D-Class are KOS outside of airlock actually unless they have a work permit so you've already said something that's completely false. Should we just kill D-Class with work permits? Take them away again? Code of Ethics is a thing too and is RP focused to help D-Class RP themselves. There are rules for a reason to prevent straight up Mass RDM. You've clearly not read anything I've been saying about rules to prevent stuff happening and why this would increase RP and gameplay.

While gameplay should be a priority that doesn't mean we should invalidate any RP from happening. D-Class are KOS outside of airlock actually unless they have a work permit so you've already said something that's completely false. Should we just kill D-Class with work permits? Take them away again? Code of Ethics is a thing too and is RP focused to help D-Class RP themselves. There are rules for a reason to prevent straight up Mass RDM. You've clearly not read anything I've been saying about rules to prevent stuff happening and why this would increase RP and gameplay.
I did read what you said, it's just a terrible idea to add things solely because they'd make sense in RP. Trust me I'm all for additional Rp, just this would make surface Rp actively worse unless you were whitelisted or Vip

I did read what you said, it's just a terrible idea to add things solely because they'd make sense in RP. Trust me I'm all for additional Rp, just this would make surface Rp actively worse unless you were whitelisted or Vip

It would be awful if it didn't have rules in place. I genuinely think if the right rules were added it would be great. Especially considering you see maybe one of two D-Class escape every few days.

It's fun and gives D-Class even more to do. I was unaware of this rules existence until today and I previously would help Foundation kill C.I if I had a DEA or Nu7 disguise. I can't do that anymore because I don't want to get in trouble.
why would you help foundation if they are the people who were keeping you locked up?

past that +/-Neutral

why would you help foundation if they are the people who were keeping you locked up?

past that +/-Neutral

I think it's pretty funny that's why. It's enjoyable to do something different besides the standard "Escape to Surface and help C.I" or "Break into HCZ and hack SCPs out." It's just something different and oddly enjoyable. Plus while I help Foundation I can subtly help D-Class escape and hopefully not get caught while doing it.

I think it's pretty funny that's why. It's enjoyable to do something different besides the standard "Escape to Surface and help C.I" or "Break into HCZ and hack SCPs out." It's just something different and oddly enjoyable. Plus while I help Foundation I can subtly help D-Class escape and hopefully not get caught while doing it.
comedy. the correct answer to everything

Suggestion Denied

Hi ToasterStrudle,

This ruling is in place to prevent D class from going on mass killing sprees on surface for flimsy reasons such as "Well these UN guys must be working with the base I just escaped from, right?" or "I'm a deathrow inmate I should murder everyone."

Your suggestion is denied.

Mercer​

Status
Not open for further replies.