Accepted remove the link between chef NPCs and increase the restock timer [USA]

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deathspike123

Game Master
Trial Game Master
Game Master
Jan 9, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Either remove the link between the chef's NPCs and increase the restock timer for items the chef sells.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
as far as I am aware it has not.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
This will let people who want to RP as chefs be able to buy items when sometimes there are like 10 people trying to buy certain items that the chef NPC sells. for example, the dough is sold out and at least 3-4 people want to cook using dough. As soon as it restocks one person instantly buys it. the other 3 people have to argue and wait for the next restock which can take up to 2 minutes to get one dough. when some recipes take multiple items.
It also stops people from starving to death because people always buy MREs and there are never MREs in stock, so this would also allow chefs to sell their food to help people from starving.
another problem is when the server restarts the stock that could have had over 120 items is set back to zero. As an example sugar has 120 in stock before the server restarts, and after it restarts it is back down to zero. we then have to wait multiple hours for it to be back up to 120, assuming no one buys sugar.
This will also allow people to level up their cooking and improve their knowledge of cooking on the server.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
one issue that I can personally think of is the lag, if people are spam-buying items and dropping them. it may cause lag, however, besides that, I can't think of a negative to this.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
As someone who cooks a lot on the server, and has increased his cooking level to 15 currently. trying to cook with 5 people all buying the same things is hard. I once sat there for over three hours trying to buy 6 cheeses to make pizza. overall I have seen many people try and get into cooking and I feel like sometimes they are put off because there is never any stock. I have put many hours into cooking and sometimes it just gets very annoying trying to cook many different things when everyone is buying the same thing. Another issue is trying to stock up on these items is hard because you have to check if they are in stock before the server restarts. sometimes there is over 60 dough in stock and if we dont buy that 60 dough before restart, all of it is lost. overall I Feel like this would be an amazing change that will improve the QOL for people who want to RP as chefs. as well as maybe introduce people to the cooking on the server.

Thank you for reading this suggestion
Tony Stewart.

TootsMcScoots

Jun 18, 2023
+support!
i understand the idea of them all being linked but i think in practice it doesn't work out too well IMO

Brewer 2.0 / Celtic

Blacklisted Player
Dec 18, 2023
Tryna make double cheeseburgers is a pain, there is never any dough. Also, all MTFs are currently undergoing an MRE crisis.
(Im tired of having to eat chocolates, cheese and drinking milk to feel replenished)

Furthermore, the link between all Chef NPCs is just stupid. Why should a C.I. buying dough effect some poor chef tryna make burgers in Foundation?

Major + Support

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
ahhh that's what you were talking about

had no idea all the chefs had shared stock. yeah, i get why that would be the case from a programmatic standpoint, but from the perspective of trying to actually do things and get needed items from the NPCs, not great.
+Major Support

Mr_poptart

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 17, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi <deathspike123>,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.