Content Suggestion Remove the newly added Keycard Scanner box from EOC [US only?]

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove (or move) the new keycard scanner box that got added behind two CL4 doors in EOC.

06/05/2024 they gave all Tech Experts a special clearance override for the outer EC cl4 doors, giving us access to fix the most annoying subsystem, the Keycard Scanners.

2 days later - with the latest update - they added an additional keycard scanner electrical box and put it behind two CL4 doors in the EOC, making the previous update pointless.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

No.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. The newly added clearance override for the EC cl4 doors actually serve a purpose now
2. Tech experts dont have to wait 15 minutes for a cl4 to show up enabling me to do my job, the majority of my time during mass system outtages is spent waiting for somebody to open doors for me.
3. People will suffer less from a prolonged keycard scanner outtage

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1. less "RP"(/c2 spam) with techies having to ask higher cl people to open doors for them

2. people who enjoy being stuck 1 minute at every door get less quality content

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It should be accepted because this newly added box makes the new clearance override pointless, and there will be less frustrated people spamming E on every single door.

the 2 new boxes added to floor 3 are fine btw, and thanks to whoever added more techie achievements

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024
Not sure about UK as I only play US, but latest update expanded some of the subsystems from 1 to 2 boxes.
New emergency light and turret box is on floor 3 (this is fine), the new keycard scanner is behind EOC doors in EZ.

afa4t6E.png

proof im not crazy if they arnt on UK servers

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022
Not sure about UK as I only play US, but latest update expanded some of the subsystems from 1 to 2 boxes.
New emergency light and turret box is on floor 3 (this is fine), the new keycard scanner is behind EOC doors in EZ.
Yeah you'd have to contact your Senior Admin+ on US to fix this for you. None of that occurs on UK. Nothing is on Floor 3 on UK either.

MAJOR +SUPPORT!

Holy shit, I was just walking into the EOC too hide from a nasty breach, before I was flashbanged by this being here!

1. It is ugly as fuck
2. It negates the entire reason for there being a Tech Expert Override on Outer Electrical
3. It makes it risky to repair the Scanners if the SCPs have reached PW Loop
4. Personnaly I feel that it could make some cl4s feel less comfortable using that room to discuss cl4 matters if there is the potential that a Techie could just be brought inside at any moment

Reactions: Marcus Sneefo
+support
I believe the main reason why the keycard scanner update which allowed Tech Experts access to LCZ/HCZ Electrical was that popular was because it no longer meant having to get a CL4 person to get Tech Experts to fix stuff, especially Keypad scanners.
The change to add more electro boxes in other locations around the site completely undoes what the initial change did, and even worsens it. To fix keycard scanners, a Tech Experts now needs to make their way through PW and into LCZ Eletrical to fix the door.
Afterwards they need to get through the door leading into EZ, then through the bulkhead, through the checkpoint, through the door leading towards the right, through the first EOC door (which afaik they cant open themselves on US) and through the EOC gate.

That's 5 more keypads they have to use whilekeypads are broken, 2 of which they need CL4 for, and potentially a bulkhead which they can't get through to get to EZ in the first place.
Please undo the new electro boxes, it just worsened the problem by a lot right after fixing it.

Reactions: Marcus Sneefo
Sep 19, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if this was added back by mistake. Does the inner EOC location happen to be exactly where one of the boxes were before the move?
No the special access to EOC is for USK only ,I don’t know why. But I can only say that since then the Subsystems were repaired much faster.

Apr 5, 2024
This can be closed as it has been fixed
new keycard box moved from EOC -> HCZ EC
new turret box F3 -> HCZ EC
new lighting controls box added to pw core closet

new emergency lights box previously on F3 has been removed

thank admin it is PERFECT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.