Denied Remove verbal warnings

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: It will make it so staff will stop giving out verbal warnings as its easily abused.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?: I don't think so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Minges would actually get punished
People can't lie and just say they didn't know

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It could get new players warned

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: I think this should be accepted as majority of the time when I make sits the staff will just give them a verbal warning. My issue with this is there is no way to track if they have already been given a verbal warning before. In my opinion it is a flawed system and something should be done about it. I have had so many scenarios where the staff would just give them a verbal even though they're level 200 and obviously know the rules. Now for the negative for the suggestion maybe make it so if they're under level 50 the person can be given a verbal.

Feb 5, 2021
-Support

People make mistakes sometimes, even the experienced players.

You care too much over small things.

Maybe an experienced player took a long break and forgot some of the rules.

And by removing verbal warnings will just turn this server in to a very serious "no fun allowed" ruleplay and will make new players leave.

While I get your point, verbal warnings cannot be tracked but removing them completely new players who are legit brand new would get unnecessary warnings for small rulebreaks.

At the end of the day, it's just a game.

Last edited:

Cob Deen

May 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove: It will make it so staff will stop giving out verbal warnings as its easily abused.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?: I don't think so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Minges would actually get punished
People can't lie and just say they didn't know

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It could get new players warned

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted: I think this should be accepted as majority of the time when I make sits the staff will just give them a verbal warning. My issue with this is there is no way to track if they have already been given a verbal warning before. In my opinion it is a flawed system and something should be done about it. I have had so many scenarios where the staff would just give them a verbal even though they're level 200 and obviously know the rules. Now for the negative for the suggestion maybe make it so if they're under level 50 the person can be given a verbal.
+Support
I hate when staff give me verbals just because i was being "honest" and "apologized afterwards"
like dude, just warn me, i know i did wrong

• Haha
Reactions: Chad and Lynx

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
it takes like 2-3 days to get level 15 as a new player MAX lols nobody plays gmod to read the rules
And that's how they get banned.

Yea nobody plays g mod to read rules. But if they want to keep playing on the server without any problems it takes 5 minuets to scroll through the rules list

Takes longer then that. And that's very dependent on scheduling And what happens in those 2-3 days. As u can be in a very slow day. No researcher doing test etc. So u won't get credits meaning u won't get levels

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hello,

I am going to close this as we will not be removing verbal warnings.

It is the discretion of the staff member for the situation to justify if a verbal warning is needed, if they can justify it, then fair enough, however they should be focusing on following the staff punishment guidelines.

Kind Regards
Yeke

Status
Not open for further replies.