Denied Remove VIP requirement on chemist OR lower chemist to Keter VIP

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Nov 13, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the requirement of having Thaumiel+ VIP by lowering it to a different level or removing it entirely.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I have seen

Possible Positives of the suggestion :
  • No more waiting for a chemist to flag
  • Lower chance of people stealing from substance storage and centrifuges
  • Allows a larger amount of people access to resources needed for chemicals

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Oversupply of beakers
  • More chemists on the role at once than necessary

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Nobody likes having to wait for a chemist to get on just so they can make some Class-A, and to that extent nobody likes when you can’t find a single beaker in substance storage because people were being greedy. And with the issue of overpopulation, putting a cap on the chemist role, say 5 or 10, would limit this issue. Removing it entirely is not likely so if this change does go into effect and it is reduced at the very least, overall more people would have access to the role and wouldn’t have to wait for chemists, especially if it’s downtime and there are none available.

TootsMcScoots

Jun 18, 2023
as someone who has all the vip ranks im giving a +support im aware most of the servers income is from the vip ranks but locking chemist behind it is just silly to me. Like it's said above having to hope theres someone that can flag on to chemist is on and WANTS to flag on just to make chemicals properly is wack. At the very least let certain whitelisted roles spawn beakers/vials and such; consultant,DoM,Exec. Researcher, and DoR come to mind)

I think something NL don't seem to understand, is that people aren't primarily buying VIP for beakers. like survey it if you want, but I'm pretty sure you'll come to this conclusion from the results. people mainly buy VIP for the SCPs, for TB and for Jugg. Yes, by opening up who can and can't get beakers and such, you do effectively devalue the relevant VIP ranks, but only by how much worth those things had to the market in the first place. It doesn't make much business sense to just unnecessarily gate off minor things people aren't focused on.

It's why I +Supported previous suggestions about allowing certain CL4 jobs to spawn beakers; which yes, opened it up to people who potentially don't even have VIP, but still, imo, walled it off necessarily such that if people wanted beakers, they had the choice between pursuing one of those CL4 roles or just paying. ...Basically putting beakers on what is basically an analogue to a freemium business model - Which, either way you slice it, either keeps people still paying or otherwise contributing to the server by going for those roles. And if people do start contributing to roleplay and server health just to get beakers, then that's potentially worth more than people who would otherwise be buying VIP just for beakers (Which again, I can't imagine is very many).

So,
-Support
for removing the VIP requirement for chemist

But
+Support
for re-evaluating the business model of beakers

Cheesy

Nov 13, 2022
I think something NL don't seem to understand, is that people aren't primarily buying VIP for beakers. like survey it if you want, but I'm pretty sure you'll come to this conclusion from the results. people mainly buy VIP for the SCPs, for TB and for Jugg. Yes, by opening up who can and can't get beakers and such, you do effectively devalue the relevant VIP ranks, but only by how much worth those things had to the market in the first place. It doesn't make much business sense to just unnecessarily gate off minor things people aren't focused on.

It's why I +Supported previous suggestions about allowing certain CL4 jobs to spawn beakers; which yes, opened it up to people who potentially don't even have VIP, but still, imo, walled it off necessarily such that if people wanted beakers, they had the choice between pursuing one of those CL4 roles or just paying. ...Basically putting beakers on what is basically an analogue to a freemium business model - Which, either way you slice it, either keeps people still paying or otherwise contributing to the server by going for those roles. And if people do start contributing to roleplay and server health just to get beakers, then that's potentially worth more than people who would otherwise be buying VIP just for beakers (Which again, I can't imagine is very many).

So,
-Support

But
+Support
It wouldn’t remove it entirely from VIP, I’m just suggesting maybe we lower it to like Keter

Cheesy

Nov 13, 2022
well the suggestion is either remove or lower

idm lowering, but tbh the fact that this has come up so often makes me think about whether or not the way beakers are currently handled, is correct
I’ve come to terms with the fact NL probably ain’t gonna remove it from VIP entirely so Ventz is still making money just… less money

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023

So,
-Support

But
+Support
No I'm rescinding my 80 great British pounds if I don't get special beaker privileges.

• Haha
Reactions: Emilia Foddg

So,
-Support

But
+Support
Type blue isn't vip!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.