Denied Rename 008 to 610

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Rename 008 to 610 instead
So instead of 008-2 it will be 610-2 and 008 will be 610 instead

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-makes more sense
-Literally the 008 we have right now is just 610
-increase RP or something

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
IDK people will get Angie
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The update version of 008 is just 610 or what other people say, " a rip off version of the cordyceps ". What I am suggesting is simply making the virus 610 instead of 008 because the new 008 is more 610 due to the fact it puke spores, mutates, make nests, and converts it surrounding to its habitat pretty much what a normal 610 does in general and in lore its somewhere in Russia so we can always say that the foundation transport samples of 610 that are kept in a absolute zero degree box to this site for further investigation.

p.s
Im not suggesting a new scp just replace 008 because 610 fits the role more.

Last edited:

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
completely replace 008 and make it 610 instead
So instead of 008-2 it will be 610-2 and 008 will be 610 instead

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-makes more sense
-Literally the 008 we have right now is just 610
-increase RP or something

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
IDK people will get Angie
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The update version of 008 is just 610 or what other people say, " a rip off version of the cordyceps ". What I am suggesting is simply making the virus 610 instead of 008 because the new 008 is more 610 due to the fact it puke spores, mutates, make nests, and converts it surrounding to its habitat pretty much what a normal 610 does in general and in lore its somewhere in Russia so we can always say that the foundation transport samples of 610 that are kept in a absolute zero degree box to this site for further investigation.

p.s
Im not suggesting a new scp just replace 008 because 610 fits the role more.
-support leave it as it is.

Max Henry

Jul 25, 2022
Site 184. Nova Scotia, Canada
I think it would be great if the site could have both but I think It's unlikely that the dev team is going to put even more work into the site so they can add another bio SCP and then rework 008 so they aren't just clones of each other so, Neutral, -Support for complete replacement.

Change Z. "Somebody"

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Jun 13, 2022
I think it would be great if the site could have both but I think It's unlikely that the dev team is going to put even more work into the site so they can add another bio SCP and then rework 008 so they aren't just clones of each other so, Neutral, -Support for complete replacement.
I think the suggestion is just renaming it

Lightsoulist

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 23, 2022
well I mean you gotta realize that it IS "lore accurate" for what 008 does right now to be 610 but said scp is WAY more dangerous. It was created during the old wars between the COTBG and Sarkic Cults and was and still is one of the most dangerous anomalies to come from them(even more so then 008). Maybe a name change but flat out replacing it might involve the server ditching foam and adding flamethrowers, since according to lore that is what is used to get rid of it normally(and we all know what ethic, nu7, o5, a1, and o1 would do if they had that).
Neutral/Support

Last edited:

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
well I mean you gotta realize that it IS "lore accurate" for what 610 does to replace 008 but 610 is WAY more dangerous. It was created during the old wars between the COTBG and Sarkic Cults and was and still is one of the most dangerous anomalies to come from them(even more so then 008). Naybe name change but flat out replacing it might involve the server ditching foam and adding flamethrowers, since according to lore that is what is used to get rid of it normally(and we all know what ethic, nu7, o5, a1, and o1 would do if they had that).
Neutral/Support
i just want the name change that is all, I should have been more specific

Silvestro

Apr 24, 2023
+ Support
I was just thinking about how pointless the recent 008 change was, it doesn’t even line up with lore or anything. 610 being a replacement makes much more sense and i wish this could be fleshed out but it wont.

Boris Johnson

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
May 24, 2023
-Support waste of time, when they can be working on other things.

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
- Support

I see where your coming from, but it's an unnecessary change and while content wise could be a small change, RP wise the amount of documents that would now become useless, just too much of a pain

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
ngl this suggestion would've worked when the new 008 first came out, but now doesn't matter, as 008 is 100% not as strong as 610 would/should be.

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
The server is allowed to have it's own lore. I don't think it's worth changing the SCP, considering that this would mean the entire containment area would likely need to be changed in order to suit 610's containment procedures. As it is SCP-008 is a very well-known SCP, and I don't think it's at all worth anyone's time changing the name just for it to function the same.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
-Support
I mean you are right its not the right number for the SCP but the server will have different SCPS not all the same and 008 definitely is more fun to see and say and if your a d-class and your info breaching it's more fun to scream 008 then 610 and hearing 008 from a distance is similar than 610 since the zero zero than 8.

Silvestro

Apr 24, 2023
-Support
I mean you are right its not the right number for the SCP but the server will have different SCPS not all the same and 008 definitely is more fun to see and say and if your a d-class and your info breaching it's more fun to scream 008 then 610 and hearing 008 from a distance is similar than 610 since the zero zero than 8.
Tweaking

Status
Not open for further replies.