Denied Replace Breach Votes with Testing

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry C.

Oct 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Breach Votes are a heavily debated topic as we have seen with the recent discussion about their nerf. It was always around a 50/50 as players wanted to rp while the Scp players wanted to be able to breach a decent amount. So I say we go ahead and make a compromise and make it so that whenever testing happens it will act like a breach vote for the scp they tested on and the people in the same queue as the scp.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It allows both rp and breaches to happen allowing both sides to be content with what is going on.
It also makes it so that scp's are more willing to rp as that can help them breach faster instead of just trying to kill anything that moves.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People may abuse this and test an scp over and over again until they breach.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
While it can be abuseable a rule could be made so that you may test on 1 scp per 10 minutes. As it also allows everyone to rp while scp's get to be able to breach and have fun afterwards.

Reactions: bananqs

Oasis

Sep 6, 2022
-Support

SCP's like SCP-966, 079, 682, 076 or 7722 will literally NEVER breach if this happens. Unless someone focuses them or they're in queue with something like 939 or 049, their breaches will become incredibly rare.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i already can see mtf locking down hcz or finding ways to evade the breach vote thing to stop scps breaching

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+/-

Not entirely sure what this suggestion is for: the removal of breach votes entirely and this feature as its substitute, or having both systems function alongside each other? How much time would testing reduce on the breach queue? I like the premise but, as stated, some SCPs will never be able to take advantage of this change as they are rarely ever tested on.

Tim Wilson

Donator
Apr 23, 2022
-support
Nearly all playable Scps in HCZ simply don’t get tested on like 7722, 096 and 966. Even popular scps like 035 don’t get tested on that often so this would make breach’s much longer and will make the server very boring to play. Breach votes are fine as they are maybe just lower the timing down from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.

??????????

Mar 13, 2023
The Research Division
+/-

Not entirely sure what this suggestion is for: the removal of breach votes entirely and this feature as its substitute, or having both systems function alongside each other? How much time would testing reduce on the breach queue? I like the premise but, as stated, some SCPs will never be able to take advantage of this change as they are rarely ever tested on.
bro u got to change the color of the internal affairs thing you cant read it

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
I believe the development team is working on a system for new SCP breach methods; Chamber maintenance.
I am not sure if they will add a new engineer role or overhaul the current engineer/IT roles to better balance them, but chambers will essentially have 3 stages before the SCP gets breached, however the chambers can get repaired to prevent this, I am unsure how they will balance this but that is a whole lot of not-my-problem.

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Larry C.,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. We do not plan on removing the breach vote system, as would not provide any added benefits to server health.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.