Denied Repost of Defibbing But with actual reasonings and evidence (UK)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Cooldown for defibrillating dead players to then take hostage.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Taking hostages shouldn't happen as often as it does, having medics defib the dead and helpless just to take hostage for 15-20 minutes is very annoying. If you engage in a combat situation, you shouldn't expect to be kidnapped after you die. It requires no effort from whoever is taking you hostage and the hostage RP isn't needed as often as it is happening, one point to mention is the ridiculous amount of money that CI exploits foundation players for , so ive done a survey, the majority of CI's money comes from hostage kidnappings provided by the proof below.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Hostage taking is all about money, players do it because of the economy, there is absolutely no RP within kidnapping, its all about the money, also the possible negative is CI wont get as much money.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Having this suggestion accepted means that players get to enjoy going out onto surface and not worry for whether after one death they will have to sit in a cell for 20 minutes, and probably not being shamed for being kidnapped, i suggest there should be a cooldown for kidnapping because of the frequency of kidnaps done by CI daily.

1683562528589.png

1683562544127.png
1683562835166.png

Note: please refrain from saying skill issue or anything else give actual refutations and reasonings for why this should/shouldnt be accepted

Last edited:
To add on to this.

If a CI/F person has been dead for more then like 5 minutes revive should be impossible

Cause some people wait to be revived for like 20 minutes to call out the DC
I do agree there should be a time at which you can't be revived.

Kinda goofy when CI raid, defib the dead CL4 that was dead in garage since last nuke and ez profit.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
Listen, this Defibbing non-sense works both ways. Assuming NU-7 are actively using their medics, and are patrolling in TEAMS, they can easily do the same to CI.

Not to Mention, Combat Medics have the ability to aid in surface operations if requested, it isn't off the table.

I've had a lot of CI captured because medics can just respawn in medbay, run out, and defib CI that died there.
I agree on this working both ways, HOWEVER, the frequency or the amount of times that CI have been kidnapping people on surface is starting to get irritating to other players who play surface, Hostage negotiations have been continuously used as a way to make money and milk surface operatives for money, i could atleast maybe atleast once every 3 days a CI gets captured and then sold, however on CI's end they have been doing it every moment, I will literally hop on CI in 5 minutes to show you how it looks like, Also not that shocking that CI came to -Support this suggestion despite overwhelming evidence and reasoning lmao, im only asking for a cooldown for the kidnapping since its happening too frequently, im not asking for kidnapping via Defib to be completely removed.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
i have done a survey with a CI Delta and he claims that most of his income has come from Hostage negotiations, why is it when i present undeniable proof, someone has to come with an excuse, its been proven that the hostages are solely for the purpose of money and keycards, Never for the RP, never in my entire RP as NU-7,B-1,DEA, have i seen a CI RP properly with a hostage.

i have done a survey with a CI Delta and he claims that most of his income has come from Hostage negotiations, why is it when i present undeniable proof, someone has to come with an excuse, its been proven that the hostages are solely for the purpose of money and keycards, Never for the RP, never in my entire RP as NU-7,B-1,DEA, have i seen a CI RP properly with a hostage.
Its a difficult toss up,
Sometimes, hostage taking is difficult, sometimes its as simple as pie.

Eliminating Defibulators as a way to take prisoners will just completely deface the foundations ability to capture CI. Atleast speaking from the US CI perspective, as we are being very hard on people who patrol alone on surface, and fear rp kidnappings are very rare.

I personally see this as a rooted issue in lack of coordinated tactics by parties involved, as a squad of 3-4 can easily root out a medic, kill them, and not risk being defibbed. Assuming the medic isn't playing smart in the back.

I hate to see it, but being able to make money from this isn't game changing. The server doesn't have very many money sinks, and I know people generally accumulate money.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
Its a difficult toss up,
Sometimes, hostage taking is difficult, sometimes its as simple as pie.

Eliminating Defibulators as a way to take prisoners will just completely deface the foundations ability to capture CI. Atleast speaking from the US CI perspective, as we are being very hard on people who patrol alone on surface, and fear rp kidnappings are very rare.

I personally see this as a rooted issue in lack of coordinated tactics by parties involved, as a squad of 3-4 can easily root out a medic, kill them, and not risk being defibbed. Assuming the medic isn't playing smart in the back.

I hate to see it, but being able to make money from this isn't game changing. The server doesn't have very many money sinks, and I know people generally accumulate money.
First point is, i dont want defibs completely removed from kidnapping, im only requesting a cooldown on kidnaps this is due to the fact of the frequency of kidnaps on UK side, as u can see in the pictures, 4 People were kidnapped in a short amount of time, and they were sold for money, not even for the RP, and its not only bad because of the money, its because DEA have to pay for other people over and over and over until they loose there money and have basically been leached on, And no, this is not a lack of coordinated tactics, literally hostage taking makes playing surface operative less fun and feel like more of a chore to do because of the fear of being kidnapped.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
i will step in as a ci main myself and have been in the regiment for over 8 months i will admit most ci do only kidnap hostages for money but its mostly keycards i have myself ordered other ci or have been ordered to kidnap dea so we dont have to do a keycard raid

usually the money comes as you captured the hostage you can sell him i will tell you that CI do RP with hostages ive seen this on occassions i would love to refer to our CO office filled with documents on interogations

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
i will step in as a ci main myself and have been in the regiment for over 8 months i will admit most ci do only kidnap hostages for money but its mostly keycards i have myself ordered other ci or have been ordered to kidnap dea so we dont have to do a keycard raid

usually the money comes as you captured the hostage you can sell him i will tell you that CI do RP with hostages ive seen this on occassions i would love to refer to our CO office filled with documents on interogations
Thank you darren, But i want to prove something else, not once have i seen this format been used, its strip card, sell hostage for money, Never interrogated, but i dont feel like getting yelled at by others for being kidnapped to prove this so, but thank you for a reasonable response darren (y)

- Support
Bit of a wack suggestion. Having a cooldown on people being revived isn't really a solution to a non-existent problem, its true that CI do get a lot a hostages at points but its only ever done with a significant amount of manpower and coordination. That you complain that we only kidnap for money clearly shows you haven't spent that much time in CI, yes money is factor but not the only.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
- Support
Bit of a wack suggestion. Having a cooldown on people being revived isn't really a solution to a non-existent problem, its true that CI do get a lot a hostages at points but its only ever done with a significant amount of manpower and coordination. That you complain that we only kidnap for money clearly shows you haven't spent that much time in CI, yes money is factor but not the only.
ive played CI for an extended time, I was a delta, Gamma, Beta, and after all that time, i can make the reasonable conclusion that money is the main factor in kidnappings, i've seen CI Kidnapping even while at low numbers, and this is not a "Non -existent Problem", i've seen people being exploited multiple times ridiculous amount of times for a ridiculous amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.