Denied Request print credits/trust list for printing

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatMan

Oct 21, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add either A) a means to request or give printer credits. B) a whitelist for trusted individuals to print as much as they want.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I could see from checking, but I'm fairly new here and it could have been suggested before.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
For research and medical projects, there are times where you have to do many little documents in a potentially large volume. Having a low amount of credits stops you from filing everything away in the cabinets and effectively doing your job.

When you have to also get patient signatures for all of those documents, it creates a clog. This would alleviate having to chase people up (who may now be offline or on a different character or busy), which is a needlessly stressful experience.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
There is a potential for abuse of the printers, which is why I'm assuming the credit system exists in its current form.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Using a trust list or having the request come directly to higher ranks allows for the policing of anyone that would abuse the credit system. This is only a QoL fix so it's not of great importance, but I think it'd enable those who want to do RP to do so with less stress.

...There is no reasonable circumstance for you be printing large volumes of documents at once - The despawn timer was added to VComputer documents for a reason. The only thing I can think of that justifies this would be printing off a document to be placed and stickied on multiple corkboards, but in that instance, you either are or are enlisting the aid of a Sr. Admin+, who... I guess at that level, should be able to bypass the printer credit system in some fashion?

Jan 1, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @RatMan,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

The reason I have denied this is there is already a command in which Admins+ can utilise to give credits back to a player. I will ensure admins are aware of the command as it is rarely utilised. Do note however staff do not give more than the allocated credits without very good reason.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.