Rule Suggestion Require SL to do a community vote before making some changes

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Force Server leadership to communicate with the community they're ... leading.
Over the past few months and even years it's been apparent that most time SL have no clue what the community wants or needs, There's been so many random changes that the majority of the server didn't want implemented. If you take a quick look at the change logs channel, There's an overwhelming dislike to like ratio on most changes SL implement.
A simple voting system before most changes would make the community feel listened to. There's been a lot of cases where SL makes a change that everyone hates and they have to eventually go back and fix it after months, For example : USSR Regiment names (They changed it to the new ones before eventually going back to the OG names) - Removing sniper pings - Snipers requiring CS -The leveling system and The 20 gazillion times they changed recoil/spread and way more.
Also certain SL members (Steven) are already trying to do this via the voting channels for each regiment-types and it's going well so making a voting system for all changes will do well.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Don't think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

A more engaged community
Less dev time wasted
Gameplay that a majority will enjoy more

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

SL won't be able to make decisions on the spot
The Community can be special some times
Making a vote takes time I guess

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

There's been a lot of bad decisions made (and reversed) in MRPs life span, so I believe reducing these can concentrate dev work on things MRP actually needs.

PS:I wrote this on my phone so any spelling mistakes, it was all auro corrects fault.

Last edited:
Upvote 7
As good as this would be, it's never going to happen unless SSL are incredibly unsure of the changes

see: thirdperson, turret in medbay
Brother the whole point of this suggestion is to make a rule, that changes need to be passed through the community first.
Whether this gets accepted or not is not up to SSL but probably NL.

Last edited:
Brother the whole point of this suggestion is to make a rule, that changes need to be passed through the community first.
Whether this gets accepted or not is not up to SSL but probably NL.
even then, i doubt its going to happen as feedback itself is going to be voiced aloud either way
ima be real with you we have no idea what that means
just realized i was in mrp not scprp

point still stands though, despite examples given

Jan 2, 2023
As good as this would be, it's never going to happen unless SSL are incredibly unsure of the changes

see: thirdperson, turret in medbay
idk what a turret in medbay means...

+support
MRP should just have a poll channel, content team puts any 'pending review' changes to get community feedback on their changes before they go out

I think community consultation should be a thing for major updates, but having communities have complete say in things is just a disaster waiting to happen.

If Server Leadership are making mistakes then you need to address this to Network Leadership who will take appropriate action.

I've been in communities that have bent over backwards for their players and in the end it collapsed in on itself due to immense entitlement and bickering.

This image comes to mind:
1728997276502.png

Apr 19, 2024
My main concern with this change is that fact that it would mean simple balance changes could get overshadowed and the fact that in business, Laissez fairé is too slow at making decisions which could be critical. Another point is, it tears communities apart over small changes, similar to Broda’s point.

I don't know if you guys have noticed or not but this is an MRP suggestion, The SCP SL team seems to be doing fine-ish compared to the MRP one. There's been at least 10 changes that SL have impulsively made that have been reverted in less than 6 months.
My comment isn't targeted at any of the CN services, more so a bit of a warning from personal experience.

Jan 2, 2023
+support for big changes like the thirdperson.
-support for small changes
My main concern with this change is that fact that it would mean simple balance changes could get overshadowed and the fact that in business, Laissez fairé is too slow at making decisions which could be critical. Another point is, it tears communities apart over small changes, similar to Broda’s point.
this is for MRP guys!

Sep 7, 2022
Neutral

I definitely think some of the decisions that have been made haven't really benefitted the community and done more harm then good however I think the problem is that if there was a vote for something that benefitted one side over another it would be very easy to rig it. A lot of people would also vote against things because it would inconvenience them even though it could benefit the server.

Should instead ask SL to play the server more so they can see what needs changed instead of only being told what the problems are from people because the only people I see above the rank of admin play regularly is Steven Connor and Chillet.

Jan 2, 2023
Neutral

I definitely think some of the decisions that have been made haven't really benefitted the community and done more harm then good however I think the problem is that if there was a vote for something that benefitted one side over another it would be very easy to rig it. A lot of people would also vote against things because it would inconvenience them even though it could benefit the server.

Should instead ask SL to play the server more so they can see what needs changed instead of only being told what the problems are from people because the only people I see above the rank of admin play regularly is Steven Connor and Chillet.
i don't believe the suggestion states that the community will be making all the changes themselves, SL put big/minor/whatever changes in a poll channel and allow the community to give feedback and if they support / dislike it, makes the community feel more heard and allows SL to make any changes from the feedback given

Sep 7, 2022
i don't believe the suggestion states that the community will be making all the changes themselves, SL put big/minor/whatever changes in a poll channel and allow the community to give feedback and if they support / dislike it, makes the community feel more heard and allows SL to make any changes from the feedback given
My point is that if they want to implement or change something that may benefit one side if the side it benefits has less active players a poll can easily be swung so that the change doesn't go in because the other side doesn't like it. And all the "community being heard" stuff just turns into people insulting each other while staff and SL just sit and watch while not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.