Denied Restore E-11's hacking notification to pre-update.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
nerf.png

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Reverts the hacking notification to pre-update as soon as possible for server health. This will make it so that instead of E-11 just getting a general notification to where a hack is happening, they will receive an exact location of where a hack is happening. The only exceptions will be if the SCPs being hacked out are:

9000s

In these hyper-specific scenarios, E-11 will only be given a general hacking notification as to not completely get rid of the new code for general notifs.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

This update just came out.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. SCP-035 doesn't become the most overpowered SCP in the game
2. Chaos Insurgency Deepcovers don't just get free hacking containment breaches.
Prior, even when there were exact location pings for SCP hacks, it was still worth it to attempt the hack with the reward of possibly causing a containment breach / chaos. Now, it's literally idiotic not to hack stuff, as you can hack something like 8837 or 966 or 049 or 939s or 106 and nobody would have any way of knowing without individually clearing the entire sites CCs, with many being gigantic in nature... And you can do a hack in like 2 minutes... Entire SCP containment breaches that are put on a 2 hour 30 minute cooldown for balance are freebies now.
3. SCP-035 doesn't become the most overpowered SCP in the game.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

CI or SCPs become a little underwhelming? Still, this is how it's supposed to be. As someone who loves SCPs, they're supposed to be the underdogs that get hellfire thrown their way in beams that make them walk like they're walking through mud; and big ass LMGs / Mini-guns, and nitro & nerve gas, the microsecond so much as a 457 CBs, and have every little dirty trick used against them... Because it makes it feel so much cooler when you can actually cause a code black despite that. To me, the removal of these pings feels like cope from someone caused it. Cope from CI, cope from SCPs, something.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

pls don't kill roleplay. if this stays, roleplay is going to die in a fire and codes will be blaring 24/7 instead of 23/7... Something like this shoulda had a community vote

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
From a CI COM perspective, I don't think UK E-11 have an issue with this

CI-C COM Johnson J. Marauder
Alpha-1 CSG
I agree with this. I do want to say that this does affect LCZ SCP's very Positively, as if hacking at an SCP happens you don't know the zone but Know that there is an Intruder.
-support

spoke with the last 2 US E-11 COMs, Spaghetti and Varr, about how to improve security in HCZ (stationing people at more than primary and not AFKing!!!! Secondary exists!!!!), and it has fallen completely on deaf ears. This is not the fault of any server function, or CI/D-Class players, it is solely the fault of Epsilon-11 Leadership refusing to change. I have seen several times where Nu-7 and DEA gets called in to handle a CI raid in HCZ and E-11 don't even bother responding because they are too busy at checkpoint.
E11 on the UK don't have this issue, but the US do currently. Second put it very nicely, but it is based on the leadership of the US compared to the UK E11.
-support

Its been barely 24 hours we need to see how these things work out balance wise before making any major chances
Maybe better if it where to say "Hacking in LCZ" or "Hacking in Lower HCZ" but not a full reversion
And as much as i really hate to say it, UK E11 does not have this problem 9 times out of 10, ive been there but for US its just a case of running more trainings, scenarios and getting the reg into a better shape
As i said above i feel as though this change helps LCZ SCP's. Theres no real way to implement a Vague LOC due to it having to be either Upper HCZ, Lower HCZ, or LCZ, which would make LCZ SCP's still as hard to breach due to the compactness.

also -Support

Billy Bilgham

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
-support
One. you have just highlighted CI players with this. Unprofessional for one .
1698483652773.png

2. E11 now spawns in HCZ to make it easy to deal with The SCPs an find anyone hacking them out.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
-support

this really reflects the quality of E-11 compared to when I played. You literally now just sit and wait for notifications instead of patrolling and doing your job. Maybe E-11 should figure out how to play their role again

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
- Support,

For now it is going to be a minus support. See how it affects the server and give it some time to settle. From experience playing as E-11 CI have a few SCPs they breach a lot more often than others. And as such E-11 need to recognise that. I know on the UK we are having those more commonly hacked out SCPs checked first. Seems more like a US issue

Joe Phatmann

Oct 31, 2022
+support, as an E-11 main, having no specific SCP hacking alert is just cancerous, "listening for hacking" wont work, by the time you find the scp being hacked out, they're already out. This is just another usual E-11 nerf, the alert was really one of the only buffs E-11 had, and now its really just pointless. And for patrols, we have to have a certain requirement to do them on E-11 US.

Alex Bones

Apr 18, 2022
- Support
From what I am seeing E-11 just want to have an excuse to be lazy, as alot of the SCP aspect has already been nerfed and E-11 buffed to highheaven same as ERT. I believe a general location is exactly what is needed, now CI and/or D-Class have a chance to hack an SCP out.

I'd say train E-11 better, use headphones and quit whining.

• reaction_title.7
Reactions: Johnson J. Marauder

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
but E-11 has been the sameish for around 6-12 months, they aren't proactively trying to improve / be self-sufficient like UKs E-11.
Then you have pointed out the fundamental flaw, E11 got the biggest opportunity every to change with the HCZ update, if US E11 COs aren't taking advantage of that that is their fault and their problem, it does not warrant the creation of this suggestion when it is entirely a US E11 issue

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
-support
if they maybe add a Electrical box where CI or D class could Disable notifications for E11 i would plus support but right now E11 could be sitting looking at there phone and be told about a hack happening and they can just tell everyone about it.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
-support
see where you are going but not right direction never been in e-11 hardly knew they had a notification and knowing when there's hacking is more than enough even to maybe be easier to say upper or lower hcz or lcz still at that its to OP against raiders

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Bio. Spec. - Its util comes in its ability to be immune to 008 and partially immune to 049, as such it has slightly weaker gear for a specialized purpose.
E-11 Bio is not completely immune to 008, unless they changed it back. I made a bug report regarding when I was in E-11 about this and Yeke himself said it's intended that E11 bio has a vulnerability to 008.

Otherwise -support, I trust the word of Redmann and Jonas.

Joe Phatmann

Oct 31, 2022
E-11 Bio is not completely immune to 008, unless they changed it back. I made a bug report regarding when I was in E-11 about this and Yeke himself said it's intended that E11 bio has a vulnerability to 008.

Otherwise -support, I trust the word of Redmann and Jonas.
Still vulnerable to 008.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support UK E-11 now have a problem with this following a 1+ hour breach where we had 3 SCPs breached, CI holding 8837's containment hostage, GOC also raiding and random hacking calls that we could never find in time before the breach already happened. Ended up being like 4/5 SCPs breached and I have never had less fun. We just can't RP following both the OP SCPs and the alert nerfs, it just leads to constant Code Black level breaches every time anything happens that last for hours.

Reactions: Billy Boy
Status
Not open for further replies.