Denied Revert back to the Old HCZ Update until the UK Server gets upgraded

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove new HCZ and revert to the old HCZ until the UK Server Upgrade

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Probably not?

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Less Lag
- Nostalgia Trip
- Fairly easy to implement as you just move to another map ( I am not a mapper do not crucify me )

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Reverts a lot of other changes
- Will take time to move the perma props around likely and then to move them back to Old HCZ and then move them back to new HCZ

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Probably not but right now I am actually debating just resigning until the server gets fixed.. It's that bad.
Look I love this server but it's so shit rn and the adding new content to the server definitely did not help the situation.

Crazy ass suggestion but would be nice
Not going to go on a massive tangent about new HCZ (It sucks)
By far the most awful thing to happen to the server is easily the dimensions update. It hardly added anything of proper value to the server, fucked the careful balance that raids had and most of all, destroyed the servers infrastructure.

Even though US doesn't need it (Lag is still comically bad on US IMO) it would be really nice as well.

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
I'm not sure what people really love about the old HCZ, it is worse in every possible way, and the people here complaining are more than likely just affected by the "nostalgia" as usual, for a version that doesn't have anything good to be used as a valid point to return.
The map has nothing to do with server performance being dragged down to a brim, it is simply due to the lacking hardware that US has but UK doesn't, which is nothing we can do about it besides waiting for the host to finally upgrade their hardware in the UK/Europe Datacenter. Besides that, the only other thing that drags down server performance is all the content that is being ran on the server, the only thing that can drag down server performance through the map are entities that are also "server entities", like logic_relays, prop_dynamics etc. Which have already been reduced by a lot, to make sure the map has as little server entities as possible.

Jan 6, 2023
I'm gonna be honest, I don't really think HCZ being reverted would cause a massive change in performance. Garrys Mod is a very old game on an older engine. Also it's not as easy to swap to an old version because there is a lot of changes that would need to be reverted like all the perma props the spawns and more.
me looking at all the unused props in -1's office and wondering why they haven't been purged yet :skull:

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
DENIED

Hello @Ronin

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion, however at this time we have chosen to deny this.

We appreciate players trying to help find the cause of lag etc, however the map is not one of the things causing this and is extremely well optimised, this simply boils down to a hardware issue, we cannot change the map back as it would require so much effort and SCPs would need removing as there would be no space for them.

Kind Regards
Yeke

Status
Not open for further replies.