Rule Suggestion Rework on thaumtologist role for better gameplay

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crate

Oct 26, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to modify the existing rules for Thaumatologists, allowing them to use their powers in specific, controlled scenarios without facing administrative penalties. This change clarifies the ethical use of their powers and integrates these capabilities into the roleplay in a balanced manner.
Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. Enhanced Roleplay Immersion: Allowing Thaumatologists to use their powers responsibly in roleplay scenarios adds depth to their character, aligning with the lore and creating richer, more engaging interactions for all players.
  2. Increased Strategic Flexibility: In certain critical situations, Thaumatologists could provide essential support or defense, enhancing the overall dynamics and excitement of the gameplay. This can be particularly useful during failed test or being under attack or experimental procedures where their abilities can play a crucial role.
  3. Improved Team Dynamics: Allowing thaumatologists to use their powers can foster better teamwork and collaboration within the SCP Foundation's personnel. Their unique abilities can be used to emergency protect medical staff, and researchers in various scenarios, creating a more cohesive and dynamic gameplay experience.
  4. Role-Specific Development: By permitting the controlled use of thaumatologists' powers, players in this role can develop and refine their characters more deeply. This can lead to more specialized and expert roleplay, as thaumatologists can explore the full extent of their capabilities within the ethical boundaries set by the rules.
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  1. Potential for Abuse: If not carefully regulated, there might be instances where players misuse Thaumatologists' powers, leading to unfair advantages or disruption of the roleplay environment.
  2. Complex Rule Enforcement: Admins may face challenges in monitoring and enforcing the appropriate use of Thaumatologists' powers, requiring more oversight and potentially complicating rule enforcement.
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be accepted because it strikes a balance between enhancing the roleplay experience and maintaining fair play. By clearly defining the ethical and appropriate use of Thaumatologists' powers, it empowers these characters to contribute meaningfully to the game while preventing misuse. Admins can introduce specific guidelines and scenarios where these powers can be used, such as during controlled tests or emergency situations, ensuring that their use aligns with the SCP lore and enhances gameplay without leading to abuse. This approach not only enriches the narrative and strategic elements of the game but also respects the established rules and the community's need for fair and immersive roleplay.

This structure presents a well-rounded argument for modifying the rules to better integrate Thaumatologists' powers into the SCP RP experience, emphasizing benefits while addressing potential concerns.

Personally I feel like the Thaumatologist is not a its full potential and being limited on the things you can do with the ability's, most scenarios you'll end up being arrested, killed, job banned or warned. Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

4o

Jan 6, 2023
brother, put some effort into a suggestion like come on
28a585ef1c90cdda218ac832c110dcf8.png

Crate

Oct 26, 2023
I am aware that I used chatgpt, but I suffer from dysgraphia at a horrible degree, made school impossible almost for peeps like me, this is the only way I can get something that's not completely upside down, I use my own thoughts and reasons but use chat gpt to convoy the msg so you can actually read them. not everyone uses chatgpt for a quick suggestions some people actually need the help that it provides and I'm one of those that need it. I personally thought gpt explained it good enough for me but I will try and edit and put a more in depth on what I'm suggesting. once again sorry but I do really need AI's help for typing. just this alone took me about a hour to make it readable

Reactions: Zen

World

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hello, @Crate

Thank you for taking the time to make a rule suggestion.

After reviewing this suggestion, We have decided to deny it for the following reasons:​

- The suggestion would make Research Thaumatologists into a combative role that conflicts with their intended purpose.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.