Denied Rework SCP-096's Breach

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
  • Removes the picture that spawns when you "breach"
  • Instead, when you breach a certain amount of SCiPNET computers will show an image of 096 that causes the viewer to be a target.

Has something similiar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
used the search tool and couldnt find anything similar

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2) :
  • Funner breaches for 096 players
  • Makes getting the whitelist even more nicer
  • Less waiting around for someone to look at your image after you have waited on the breach timer
Possible Negatives of the suggestion
becomes more of a threat and can be annoying to anyone below CL3 as they are normally not allowed to use the armoury

Based on the Positives & Negative, why should this suggestion be accepted?
never really see alot of 096 breaches, or 096 players in general. Its such an underpowered SCP and it would be cool to see some more breaches for 096. Another thing unrelated to this is, can 096 when breached just roam? or do they have to sit down.

(inspired by SCP-7528, the one from scp 5k. I do not hold a 096 whitelist so im just basing this from what i already know, might be incorrect at some parts)

Last edited:

Loviatar

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 7, 2023
My question to this is what is your suggestion about to remove the image. Right now you can shoot the picture to destroy it and 096 can be re contained once it has killed all of its targets. How would you go about to remove the picture off of computers or tablets?

Feb 22, 2024
My question to this is what is your suggestion about to remove the image. Right now you can shoot the picture to destroy it and 096 can be re contained once it has killed all of its targets. How would you go about to remove the picture off of computers or tablets?
While this is my own take on it I think it should go like this;

096 Breaches,
around 3-6 SCiPNET computers displays 096's face,
after someone has looked at a computer they all reset and enter the broken state (blue screen) in which an IT technician or a tech expert would then come to fix them

or

a technician needs to fix the computer(s) otherwise 096's face will continue to be shown

May 29, 2024
While I do feel that a rework is needed for the fella, this may not be the best option? But I'm not sure of another alternative. The computer thing forces more people to initially see him, sure, but it doesn't fix the core issue:

I just feel that it's too easy to contain him. It's plenty easy to get people to see him after initial breach, but I've seen 096 with a bucket on his head hella more times than without, and this is within a minute or so after his breach. Too ez of a containment for what's meant to be a truly problematic SCP.

-support

Hypnos

SCP-RP Staff
Mar 6, 2023
+ Support

> This idea is actually interesting to me, I feel like adding something like this to the server would encourage more people to play on 096. With 096 right now, you can get a fair bit of targets, but be quickly buckets with MTF running around with buckets in hand. This system would allow for more enjoyment out of playing 096, as well as guarantee that if certain elements are met, 096 will atleast be guaranteed one target. With that said, I do think there could be minor tweaks to the system this suggestion is well, suggesting. I think 096 is meant to be a problem, as in when 096 breaches there is supposed to be havoc, and currently he is contained rather quickly (most times). I think if not the system that is suggested here, an 096 rework could be nice.

an addition for this that i feel could be nice is having a new power system connected to computers that would need to be toggled and a short timer would play out where the PC's would effectively be reset to normal state (maybe have a % that pc's will break).

i also feel like PC's could be hacked and the hackererer would recieve the option to show the (currently broken) cognitohazard or 096's face.

May 13, 2023
This suggestion will make 096's breach even worse and not as fun

even now it is not fun when they can easily bucket 096 as he is charging at someone or breaking a door, they need to make it so that he is only bucketable when he is sitting

Feb 22, 2024
This suggestion will make 096's breach even worse and not as fun

even now it is not fun when they can easily bucket 096 as he is charging at someone or breaking a door, they need to make it so that he is only bucketable when he is sitting
how will it make it worse? I do think its stupidly easy to bucket 096 and that needs to be changed though

Status
Not open for further replies.