Accepted Rework the SCiPnet Computer Searching/Sorting System

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmug

Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Changing the way you use the in-game computer mainly involves improving document searching. I want a sort button where you can arrange items based on different criteria like the date it was uploaded, clearance level, and your own documents. An enhanced search system would also be nice, where you can choose to search for documents based on the people who created them or just the document name itself. ]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Yes, it was accepted, but it was only a search system that's pretty meh since you can only search for titles. This can be a pain if you are looking for something like an arrest report, where most documents are all called "Arrest Report (something something)," and you don't know the exact name of the document you are looking for; you might only have the date it was uploaded or the name of the author. My suggestion is mainly different because of the sort button I am proposing.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Be able to find documents a lot faster and with a lot more convenience. One example of this is when reviewing someone for a junior CL4 position where document writing skills matter, and the ability to search for a specific author would be very helpful.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Nothing I can think of at the moment.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[It can be very hard to find a specific person's work, so making it easier to search for documents by author would be great. Personally, I have even been accused of lying in an application when I mentioned the number of documents I had written because the person had never seen them, and there was no easy way to find them either. The only way it was verified was by the person who approved some of my documents.]

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i mean
+Support,
but i think with that one suggestion, the acceptance said there was a planned rework of scipnet to some degree. i'm not sure.

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Warmug,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

• Wow
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.