Richards Executive Researcher App [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Landas

May 17, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67312416

Discord name: Crocket

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Played since May 2023. Little over 2 months after VTime reset.

In what country are you located?: USA

Time zone: EST

Character name(s): Richard Landas

Civilian name: N/A

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP USA

Do you have a mic?: YES

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Holding: IA Agent, SCP-096 and SCPs 22415

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: One for killing as a non-combative. One for ARDM was treated as RDM. Both are most likely inactive as of now.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?: I am applying for this position because I enjoy the science aspect of roleplaying since there is always something to learn and that just makes the experience worthwhile. Even being somewhat limited as a Senior Researcher and only having access to certain tests without approval and some with approval, but this just allows me to think outside the box when it comes to this scenario like assisting with others be it with tests or reviewing some documents with the right clearance of course. And when not working on those I will be helping newer researchers that don't understand what exactly is happening, like tours along with getting them started on allowed tests, how a document should be written and what the researching team is looking for. Making sure they understand in the department and could feel confident in moving on and trying themselves. Gaining knowledge while also passing on knowledge to the future of research.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?: My seriousness along with attention to detail when it comes to roleplaying scenarios. Such as having interviews with the Plague Doctor to see what I can learn in regard to the creatures' true origins and why he has a compulsive need to "cure" those that have been deemed sick. Understanding his relationship with other knows SCPs like 035 and how they came to be known to each other before being contained. I simply enjoy being on site and seeing what could happen cause its always different. As well as my commitment to helping others and encouraging those around me to one day do the same.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent? Before the wipe that occurred, I had 3. To me it is down to three things firstly the Format keeping the document looking both clean and readable. An obvious one would be Grammar keep the spelling along with the right punctuation so that is understandable. And Attention to Detail keep the documents subject lengthy and interesting to the reader so they can soak in the knowledge but a decent amount that isn't going to have the reader lose interests halfway through it.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent? Before the reset I had 3 excellent graded documents. In my opinion it takes three things to make a document excellent, firstly an obvious one would be using the right grammar along with the right punctuation and keeping things easy to read and looking clean. Secondly keep it lengthy and professional that can keep the reader engaged but not too long where the person loses interests halfway in the document. Lastly make sure it is readable where people won't struggle to read what was written and make sure it is read simply by proofreading/double checking the document.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?: Amongst the responsibilities are managing other Research personnel. Executive Researchers are responsible for keeping Researchers in line, keeping them safe, and overall ensuring that they don't cause a containment breach with their tests. Executives are also responsible for approval or denial of tests outside of a Researcher's clearance. Tests such as CL4 tests for Seniors, CL3 for Researchers, and CL-2 for Juniors all require appropriate approvals most of them with signed documentation stating that the test is approved. Finally, Executive Researchers are responsible for grading research documentation, and providing an appropriate grade, or sending it back for edits and increased detail while being professional and not bias towards the grading.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in: Formerly a researcher of Site 19 Richard Landas had been conducting interviews with the Plague Doctor also known as SCP-049, being tasked with finding the possible reasons as to why this creature had a strong need to "Cure" individuals it deemed where sick. After time had passed before the next interview would begin there were numerous electrical failures that lead to a breach, having them meeting face to face but the Doctor deemed Richard to not have the illness. Once this breach was contained the SCP would be transferred to Site 65, having learning this the researcher would request a transfer to Site 65. For the time being this researcher that could have possibly died was more intrigued and had to know why he was spared, continuing to further the research on a creature that was intriguing.

Last edited:

Fried

Oct 22, 2023
TO: richard@site-65.int
SUBJECT: Executive Researcher Application Outcome

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your application for the Executive Researcher position. After a thorough review and discussions with the Executive Research team, we have made our decision. Unfortunately, we are not moving forward with your application for this role.

You may reapply in 2 weeks.

Please feel free to reach out after a period of further experience and development within the department, as we welcome your future applications. If any questions, please email me (g4rp1ays).

Thank you for your understanding and continued commitment to the SCP Foundation.

Best regards,

FriedHart
Dpt. Director of Research, Site-65 Research Department
Friedch@site-65.int

Status
Not open for further replies.