Accepted Riot Changes

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion add:
Make the riot alert only visible to D-Class personnel and make them spawn with their keys out instead of knives.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Nothing related.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
  • Spawnkilling D-Class during riots is no longer legal outside of an authorized mass termination
  • Gives a fighting chance for D-Class to take D-Block or even portions of LCZ before every MTF arrives, making riot gameplay more unpredictable, and two-sided but enjoyable as well
Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Riots are slightly harder to contain if D-Block is initially lost due to a late MTF response
Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Advertising riots to the entire world doesn't make a lot of sense outside of the in-RP emergency codes. It would be much harder to distinguish a scripted riot event versus a coordinated regular one, as they both involve many D-Class acting out against the security staff with weapons either way. The riot advertisement is a sixth sense given to everybody on site that makes it near impossible for D-Class to make any meaningful progress outside of D-Block, which rarely ever happens if D-Block is sufficiently staffed or without GOI assisting them. These simple changes would go a long way in increasing the potential outcomes for riots in the short term, such as hostage situations or large holdouts of certain areas that combatants have to methodically retake, which will make combatting and participating in riots more interesting and worth the effort.

Jul 15, 2023
Killing DClass because they had a knife put when they spawned isn't allowed and staff should be handling it.
to be fair, this is one of those things that can stand to be resolved mechanically - since having a weapon out is a valid rp reason for killing them, but obviously what you said where the riot system can't be abused to basically RDM/loopkill spawning d-class

so if you think about this from a staff perspective, this is probably extremely difficult to reconcile and doesn't make a lot of sense

what would be most ideal - would be a volume where people within the volume can't damage people outside of the volume and vice versa. but i don't think this is possible in gmod

to be fair, this is one of those things that can stand to be resolved mechanically - since having a weapon out is a valid rp reason for killing them, but obviously what you said where the riot system can't be abused to basically RDM/loopkill spawning d-class

so if you think about this from a staff perspective, this is probably extremely difficult to reconcile and doesn't make a lot of sense

what would be most ideal - would be a volume where people within the volume can't damage people outside of the volume and vice versa. but i don't think this is possible in gmod
Possible? Likely. Practical? Less likely. You can check to see if a player is within some volume easily enough, but whether they're abusing that invulnerability is more difficult to enforce.

Jul 15, 2023
whether they're abusing that invulnerability is more difficult to enforce.
...honestly, not that i can see. like if you have that volume (or those, plural, since it's shaped weird) encompass the entire d-class spawn area, that has literally only two small exits, which are choke points. if someone's overtly abusing it, like taking a shot then quickly ducking into the area, it can be clipped and reviewed by staff

...honestly, not that i can see. like if you have that volume (or those, plural, since it's shaped weird) encompass the entire d-class spawn area, that has literally only two small exits, which are choke points. if someone's overtly abusing it, like taking a shot then quickly ducking into the area, it can be clipped and reviewed by staff
I'm not saying that a rule violation along these lines wouldn't be clear-cut - staff would entirely take the side against the abuser, but another rule is just another set of tickets that staff have to devote time attending to. If individual D-Class are being RDMed, that can be taken to staff instead, which is what is currently in place and, in a perfect world, should be just as clear-cut.

If you really wanted to implement an invulnerability on spawn, do just that. Make the invulnerability last so long as there is no user input since initial spawn, and boom, all the benefits with none of the loopholes.

Oh I'm absolutely in agreeance with it, was just a side note.

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Jul 15, 2023
but another rule is just another set of tickets that staff have to devote time attending to. If individual D-Class are being RDMed, that can be taken to staff instead, which is what is currently in place and, in a perfect world, should be just as clear-cut.
yes, but doesn't the introduction of the riot system already incur the whole thing where d-class shouldn't be killed because they spawned with a knife, which links back to what i said that started this discussion

yes, but doesn't the introduction of the riot system already incur the whole thing where d-class shouldn't be killed because they spawned with a knife, which links back to what i said that started this discussion
I'd be in favour of just eliminating the most situations where staff would need to involve themselves. Either of the two loosely-suggested systems would help to a degree, but any such system should be as fool-proof as possible to reduce the need for staff enforcement, and that means employing a system with the least loophole-ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.