Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

I have previously held the following positions:
- MTF E-11 CPL
- MTF O-1 PVT
- MTF E-11 LCPL
- Executive Researcher
And I am current an Executive Researcher again.

-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

I have a single warn for RDM on the 20/7/24, I received this as I was under the (wrong) impression that if you were being arrested (regardless of offense) that would justify retaliation.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I've always loved the Research Department, and I have dedicated a large amount of my time and effort specifically to the research department. Given this, I have also always liked the idea of one day applying for Director of Research, so here I am. Ideally, I would have liked to spend some more time as an Executive Researcher, as I was only made one on the 22/7. However given the lack of a current director and how generally understaffed research leadership currently is, I would like to be more proactive in the process of improving the research department, while I can do a lot as an Executive Researcher, it has its limitation, and I would love the chance at a higher role in the department.
In light of Eidolon resigning, I am also hoping to take up the mantle and continue the planned improvements he had for the research department.

It is no secret that the research department has seen better days, many new researchers are either never properly introduced to the department, or are scared away when they see a text-wall of guidelines and policies the moment the spawn. I believe Eidolon did a lot to improve this situation, however many things are still left undone. If I were to become a Director of Research, I would apply my effort to doing the following:

- Increasing the number of executives.
To achieve this, it's important for the current research leadership to dedicate time to encourage researchers to conduct more research, and once ready, apply for executive. It's a bit of a downward spiral at the moment, where the lack of research leadership members leads to many researchers not having interactions with them, which means we cannot encourage them to continue their work. However I believe with a bit of will and dedication, we can slowly but surely get more executive onboard. This will provide research leadership with more manpower, and allow for a better experience for newer researchers as well, as there would hopefully always be someone there to help them.

- Improve inter-department operations and relations.
There are already some things in the works to improve this very thing, however I would love to take an active role in doing this. I intend to ensure a chemical request form is properly produced and distributed to all departments. I also intend to add some more incentives (such as a monetary reward) to branches of research that are left mostly untouched at the moment (such as surface research). I also understand that the current research department undergoing changes have been a bit confusing for other departments, notably E-11 and IA, and as such hope to also ensure that any future changes are properly communicated to the appropriate departments.
-
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

As mentioned, I was only made an Executive Researcher on the 22/7, however that does not mean I lack experience. I have been an Executive Researcher in the past, where I was an executive for almost 3 months, before resigning due to a lack of time to dedicate to the position. Given this, I believe I have a deep and good understanding of how the research department functions, this also means I have witnessed multiple different directors come and go, and I have personally seen their various approaches to leading the research department, and I intend to learn from their example, and use my past experience to lead the department as best as possible.

I also believe my dedication to the department can be seen in both my previous 3-month time as an executive researcher, but also the fact that in the just shy of 2 weeks I have been an executive researcher, I have logged 64 hours of activity on the job. In these hours I have worked on and submitted multiple documents, I have helped countless researchers with both questions and test authorization. I have spoken with individuals from almost all departments whenever they may have needed me. And I pride myself with the belief that I am easy to contact and approach.

-
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The Director of Research's responsibilities include:

- Promoting and enabling RP for all things research. This includes the usual authorization of tests, but importantly, it is also the Director of Research' job to initiate and respond to various research-related RP scenarios. An example of this I would like to work towards would be hosting collaborative research projects of lower clearance such that new researchers have a chance to participate regardless of clearance.

- Managing research leadership. It is the duty of the Director of Research to manage the executive researchers, both in regards to the recruitment of new executive researchers, but also ensuring they are aware of their duties and perform them appropriately. This includes ensuring that executive researchers are active and doing their job properly, and responding to new applications and handling subsequent interviews.

- Interdepartmental relationships. As the forefront of the research department, the job of handling relations and interactions with other departments fall onto the Director of Research. This includes responding to complaints, requests, inquiries, or whatever else might be relevant. The Director of Research should work to ensure that the research department has good relations with all departments.

The Director of Research must handle all of these, along with the typical responsibilities and duties of an executive researcher.
-
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

This builds off of my Executive Researcher lore, which builds off my Character Bio.

[REPLAYING MEDICAL LOG PsychEval-834]

Commencing MEDICAL LOG PsychEval-834, Subject of Evaluation:
Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser.
Personnel Present:
Consultant ██████ ███ ████████, Combat Medic ████ ██████, & Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: Come on in, have a seat.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: My name is ██████ ███ ████████, but you may call me ██████, I am going to be performing your psychological evaluation today. Do you have any questions before we begin?

Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser: I do actually. How is it that I am the only staff-member who is subject to these monthly psych evals? I've asked multiple of my colleagues, and they are not being forced to take these. Even more concerning is that you have that Combat Medic there, as if you expect my to attack you.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: Please do not pay any mind to the Combat Medic, they are simply here as per protocol-

Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser: What protocol? Why is the protocol different when I'm the one being evaluated? What are you so afraid of?

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: I believe you should understand that there are some things I am unable to disclose.

Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser: Understanding and accepting are to separate matters.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: Alright, moving on, I will be asking you a couple of questi-

A loud static noise plays for multiple minutes before anything intelligible can be heard again. You can barely make out what is being said.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: --ve --- ------- ----ecen---- ----------

Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser: - --- NOT ENTERTA-- ---- -------IT ---- L----ER!

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: ------ -o not ra--- ---- voi--.

You can vaguely make out a loud thump.

Combat Medic ████ ██████: REM--- SEA---!

A loud static once again plays.

The static ends and the sound of a door closing can be heard.

Consultant ██████ ███ ████████: Alright, that was less than ideal. I'll make sure to inform Site Command of this. They should absolutely be informed of this behavior.

[END OF MEDICAL LOG PsychEval-834]

<Incoming Email>

To: ethics_██████@███.ca
Subject: Psychological Evaluation before promotion to DoR.
Content:
Hi there, this is Consultant ██████ ███ ████████.
I have just finished your requested Psychological Evaluation of Executive Researcher Rito Munro Fraser.
The evaluation has concluded without incident, there were no noteworthy results.
The Executive Researcher seems to be in good mind, and should have no issues fulfilling their duty as DoR.

<End of Email>

RedsnowWinter

Jul 10, 2024
Even though he's our newest Executive, I believe his knowledge and experience, gained from his previous roles and time in the Research department, makes him an amazing asset. In my opinion, he embodies all the traits we need. He's highly active and engages enthusiastically with everyone in our department, from juniors to seniors. He's always ready to assist anyone who needs help.

+Active
+Helpful
+Patient
+Friendly
+Professional

casseno1

Jun 18, 2024
+Huge support
to my knowledge, they are the only active executive researcher that is going to apply for DOR, and they would make a perfect fit. They have done amazing things as an executive, and he has the time and motivation to be our director.
+Great Executive
+Always helps others
+Very patient
+Active
+professional
+Great PAC and laser pointer to show Jr's what to read
+His goals line up with what most people in RSD

+/- isn't the most experienced

(We need a DOR urgently)

Apr 4, 2023
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Rito Munro Fraser

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. Please contact Site Inspector Three, to arrange an interview.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Reactions: Toaste
Status
Not open for further replies.