Jul 28, 2022
Your Discord name & tag: dr.roberttomatopeterson

What server is this for, Network, CityRP, SCP or MRP?: SCP-RP

Permanent Discord ID (see format thread for help): dr.roberttomatopeterson

Date of ban (if known): 11/07/2023

Reason for ban (if known): Advertisement

Who banned you?: Death_depth2001

Prior to this, have you ever been banned off Discord?: No

Why should we remove your ban from Discord? (50 words minimal)
OK, so I was apparently banned for advertisement. I messed Yeke and asked if I could post my friends twitch link in the chat because she was raising money for Extra Life (charity) and I wanted to help her raise money. He said no but that I could put it as my status. So I did just that. Then, without directly linking the twitch link, i made a few posts about it directing people to the status so people could watch. I really don't believe that warrants a complete ban from the discord. I was under the impression I was doing the correct thing by not linking the Twitch directly but I guess I was wrong. I apologize for this and meant no harm. I simply wanted to help raise money for charity.

John “Atlas” Kent

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Feb 9, 2022
Vietnam
Appeal Respond

Greetings, @Robert "Tomato" Peterson

Thank you for taking the time to make a ban appeal on our forum. Before I give my verdict, I want to address some issues.

To begin with, I received a ticket about a player putting a link into the #research-communications-uk channel. After reviewing the evidence, I had to give you a 2-week ban on Advertising based on the punishment guidelines.

Now I understand that raising charity is a good thing. However, the fact that you were trying to put a link into the channel was not relevant, and please refrain from doing so in the future.

Kind regards

Atlas

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Robert "Tomato" Peterson ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I apologise for the delay in replying, I do not believe this ban should remain in force any further as you were acting under advice from myself, as a result it will be removed immediatly.

Kind regards,
Yeke​

Status
Not open for further replies.