Accepted RP Items Placer Tool

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I want to add a tool that would be locked behind certain CL4 jobs, namely O1,A1,GSD Captain, IA Ambassador, DEA Special Agent.

This tool would function similarly to the Quarantine Placer, allowing someone to place a limited amount of pre-selected props into the world in order to enhance the RP (Similiar to the quarantine signs).

The props that could be placed are:
cVvSWfW.png

models/props_fortifications/police_barrier001_128_reference.mdl, a police barrier that can be used to block off areas or create checkpoints. Won't offer much of an advantage in combat due to the fact it has holes.

soCZqex.png

models/props_fortifications/traffic_barrier001.mdl. A smaller barrier for blocking off smaller areas that the larger barrier wouldn't fit.

Props three and four would be the same model as the signs from the Quarantine placer but with different skin/textures. Since you "own" the props placed via the quarantine placer, you can change the skin on them. If we could add in some skins for "ID checkpoint" or "Do not pass", you could add some more usage to these props. SCU would also be able to place the signs down to set up their own checkpoints.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
noper

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ rp
+ cool

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- non-rp hoes mad

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
man i just wanna set up checkpoints without having to resort to pac3 or aggressively yelling at people to make them show an ID

Swompgobblin

Jul 18, 2022
+support gives so much more to the surfce rp def needed!!! ( ADD POLICE CARS NOW!! TIRED ON RANGERS IN MOMS CAR)

Reactions: Zen

World

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
May 31, 2023

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i mean, +Support
but i don't see it being accepted by virtue of minge potential.

like yes, even though pretty much every CL4 job is pretty rigorously walled off to trusted people - even in particular you mentioned captain and senior agent (although ISD don't really count as CL4, they just have CL4 cards; both of those regs are pretty decently gated behind their entry requirements, but -) that in itself doesn't unfortunately entirely stop it and my thinking is that the possibility for people to just maliciously propblock and such is high enough that it won't be accepted.

i do like the idea though, i have been ideating something similar myself with the stipulation that the spawned props have health so that they can be destroyed - to be used more like fortifications; but it still comes with the caveats of what is basically allowing some people to place props.

Reactions: Zen

grunger

Feb 26, 2023
+

Should also make them shoot-through (the "solid" looking parts of the model) and non-collidable so it can't be used in combat or to prop block.

Cheese Cooper

Sep 5, 2022
like yes, even though pretty much every CL4 job is pretty rigorously walled off to trusted people - even in particular you mentioned captain and senior agent (although ISD don't really count as CL4, they just have CL4 cards; both of those regs are pretty decently gated behind their entry requirements, but -) that in itself doesn't unfortunately entirely stop it and my thinking is that the possibility for people to just maliciously propblock and such is high enough that it won't be accepted.
I'm hoping the fact its CL4 and bannable will keep anything from occurring. I haven't run into any issues with Propblock with the normal quarantine signs either, and those are CL3. The situational nature of the props should mean they won't be used unless in specific circumstances, such as needing to set up a kant or ID checkpoint or helping block off d-block entrance to keep people out while GSD does a sweep. Or something more mundane, like making a queue for a tribunal or lecture.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.