Rule/Addition Suggestion regarding OOC

Feb 24, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Add the following rule- or adjust metabaiting to this one so it covers it: Extended Interactions or Discussion of Ongoing RP in OOC is punishable by a ban
To also allow anything that does need OOC interaction rather than asking people to take rooms, etc, is the addition of 2-3 liaison Channels in TeamSpeak or Discord so people are able to actually sort out what's going on, staff seeing a potential issue can join and monitor.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

The removal of OOC has, but I don't think a rule has been other than the new meta bait one. This came from a brief discussion in: Remove OOC Recent Suggestion

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

Encouragement of solving issues like adults
Less OOC clogging even when toggling is off, it means OOC is used purely for questions for staff (which should be a sit anyway), and then people are able to talk out issues themselves, record whatevers needed- which could also increase the maturity of the handling of rulebreaks from the player side of things.

The addition of those channels also gives staff a method to suggest any ongoing issues as a warning, such as "@person, @person, stop clogging OOC, call a sit or take it to a liaison channel"

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

People may feel they dont want to go to a liason, and enforce, they don't. Its an option.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Honestly, I think its a no brainer. I think it couples comfortably with the ooc change, and then if tagging someone in OOC gave an alert (say @SteamID) people can at least see when its happened and put y/n regarding it. I think it just brings a level of seriousness back, and while it somewhat relies on people to act like adults, realistically if you're screaming and having a crashout at someone, that's an entire separate issue that should be handled by staff anyway, but not really needed to be seen in OOC by other players.