Rule change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathyy

Dec 18, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Maybe remove/modify the ability for anyone to RDM within the airlock and have it be okay (Especially a staff member!)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Reinforce a positive gameplay experience for D-class players (which is all players who initially join this game)

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Im sure it'd upset Gensec and Staff members who'd like to RDM

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because it's a long needed rule that frankly allows RDM and upsets alot of players including me, now let me include my most recent interaction with this rule. Attached is my death resulting from this rule, complete rdm allowed, because its 'an ethical issue' and of course, if anyone in that airlock dies you still cannot do anything IC. https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/161RieB1hnNoCu/d1337rzbr9Wr?invite=cr-MSxVYjgsMTcyMTYzNzYwLA
Now follow this up with an admin sit with the responding admin and the staff that killed me, saying its completely allowed since its an ethical issue. I mean come on? How is this kind of roleplay fun for anyone, I didnt do shit but I was gunned down because they are allowed to. Change this!!!

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
It is an ethical issue.

U are in an area u arent supposed to be and your knowingly staying there.

Theres a sign saying past it is KOS. (On uk)

-support skill issue follow rules

If u see somebody die clip it and send it to IA as u can use the term CCTV cameras to show IA (u cant report yourself dying tho)

Deathyy

Dec 18, 2022
Knowingly Staying there? It was my first time going in there at all. The entire point of the post is that shouldnt' be a free for all for anyone to just gun D-class down inside of. [Edit] Not to mention you can CLEARLY see me trying to get the hell out before I was gunned down if you watch the first video.

Last edited:

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Knowingly Staying there? It was my first time going in there at all. The entire point of the post is that shouldnt' be a free for all for anyone to just gun D-class down inside of.
Clearly states if u go past there u can be terminated in bold red letters.

Dont blame the server cause somebody dident read

Deathyy

Dec 18, 2022
It says 'You are subject to summary termination past this point!' which is essentially we can RDM you whenever we'd like inside of this airlock. Which is a bit funny because ethically you cannot terminate inside of the airlock without warning. See where these regulations overlap? Its a problem!

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
It says 'You are subject to summary termination past this point!' which is essentially we can RDM you whenever we'd like inside of this airlock. Which is a bit funny because ethically you cannot terminate inside of the airlock without warning. See where these regulations overlap? Its a problem!
It says u can be terminated.

And it's an ethical issue since ethics put a rule in for months now that u are to be given 3 warnings if not then IA can be called. Giving u a chance to talk to them.
If u arent given this warning it's called an ethics issue.

Dont blame the server for being in an area u shouldnt be knowingly.

ModernKiwi

Apr 7, 2023
New Zealand
-support

I primarily play as GenSec and am often running the airlock in D-block (UK server).
We often give warnings and don't KOS (at least when I'm online), however, this tends to lead to a lot of issues as D-Class will leave and others will then come in meaning the doors are constantly being open, this alone isn't really an issue, where the issue lays for GenSec is that constantly opening the doors to allow the new D-Class out that came in from the last door open leaves them open for head popping by a D-Class be it they are third personing to line us up or shooting us with a Deagle (often scoped) from the kitchen area.

I would agree that GenSec should try to maintain an ethical code of warning D-Class first when they are coming into the airlock, however, if start getting violent can you blame them for not wanting to take risks? Personally, I've died countless times due to a brute/scout running in and as I go 2 open the airlock they quickly pull out a Deagle and take me down with a few shots.

I will admit this can be a bit of a skill issue, however, I can only do as best as I can while dealing with 300ms+ ping and the chaos of trying to keep order with D-Class being troublemakers.

My personal idea of the best way would be to leave the airlock as KoS, and have a guideline for GenSec to be ethical with warnings, however, if D-Class is deemed a threat then KoS is permitted. However, if a particular GenSec is constantly KoSing without a decent reason then it could be taken up with ethics.

Deathyy

Dec 18, 2022
Im Dclass level 44, level 137 total and I promise you its not a 'skill issue' its a server issue. If being in the airlock is such a gamechanging problem for this server than make it a level 3 clearance? I dont understand a world where RDM is authorized [because lets be honest, in over half the times everyone in that airlock is mass rdm'd, there wont be any reports coming from it] that it is allowed to continue happening. I know there's D-class that will take advantage of the warning system but if the ethics rule of law is removed for the airlock maybe make it so KOS past airlock is a permanant stay? There's multiple ways to make changes to this current system that rewards players for RDM as long as no one else witnesses it. Lets be honest we all know that sound silly. I know alot of you reading this dont play D-class and thats fine but you need to see things from my point of view, this is our reality as we play this.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Im Dclass level 44, level 137 total and I promise you its not a 'skill issue' its a server issue. If being in the airlock is such a gamechanging problem for this server than make it a level 3 clearance? I dont understand a world where RDM is authorized [because lets be honest, in over half the times everyone in that airlock is mass rdm'd, there wont be any reports coming from it] that it is allowed to continue happening. I know there's D-class that will take advantage of the warning system but if the ethics rule of law is removed for the airlock maybe make it so KOS past airlock is a permanant stay? There's multiple ways to make changes to this current system that rewards players for RDM as long as no one else witnesses it. Lets be honest we all know that sound silly. I know alot of you reading this dont play D-class and thats fine but you need to see things from my point of view, this is our reality as we play this.
D class 44.

So u know not to go in there.

Also this will cause issues cause there will be 100s of rdm sits cause cadets wont understand the change.

Stop looking at it from a d class perspective and look at it from a sever/other Foundation jobs perspective

I dont get what is so hard to understand about.

U go in this area u CAN be shot so dont go in it for no reason.

Reactions: |||

Ketone

Jul 24, 2022
This is stupid, the airlock is meant to be used for preventing D-Class from escaping when GENSEC needs to go into D-Block (riots), and to place D-Class coming from testing back in D-Block. If you walk into airlock you aren't supposed to be there in the first place and they will give you 3 warnings to leave the airlock before they are allowed to shoot you. Although since you are both on separate teams it wouldn't be considered RDM, it would be something which would need to be taken up in character (ethics). The reason why the airlock is there is to prevent chaos, meaning if this rule was in place it would not make in sense in RP.

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
-support
Ethical issue, dclass are armed most of the time sometimes they do spam the doors to let other armed d class inside. As a lvl 54 dclass myself i can tell you that it has never been an issue for me since gensec has to defend themselves in a way + due to the type blues d class also became more powerfull.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-support
Ethical issue, dclass are armed most of the time sometimes they do spam the doors to let other armed d class inside. As a lvl 54 dclass myself i can tell you that it has never been an issue for me since gensec has to defend themselves in a way + due to the type blues d class also became more powerfull.
Funny enough he was armed in his clip so this seems like hes malding Bout the deagle loss

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
Funny enough he was armed in his clip so this seems like hes malding Bout the deagle loss
Sometimes dclass do run in and wait, untill gensec tries to open the airlock and gun them down it is a common d class tactic.

Last edited:
It says 'You are subject to summary termination past this point!' which is essentially we can RDM you whenever we'd like inside of this airlock.
It's not RDM when there's a clear indication provided by the map that you can be killed if you pass the sign. That's not random, it's a justified kill.

If it becomes a staff issue, it just will bring staff into D-Block 24/7 when every single D-Class who constantly baits Security and complains when they got killed 0.2 seconds before they should have starts calling staff members to complain about it. It'd be an absolute mess, and it'd also kill a very quick method of getting RP for IA.

I watched your clip and your kill was 100% justified, you seem to just be annoyed that you lost a deagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.