Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Hey there,

Gotten told a few times from discord tickets and inquiries regarding the IA combative rules along with the FearRP rules that they will be changed/need to be changed/ will be reviewed and not to be a dick and namedrop but both Cloak (RIP) and Yeke have told me that the IA combative rules should be changed to reflect that we are able to deal with civs and D-Class. There's also the matter of what constitutes a controlled RP scenario not coinciding with what we allow in regards to combat cuffing. I haven't had any trouble yet in my dealings but the rules still aren't official/changed and I don't want to have to worry about dealing with a situation where the he-said she-said turns into another support ticket yada yada.

The rules that need to be changed are:

Staff Ruling 5.01: A controlled RP scenario is dictated as one where someone is placed under FearRP OR unarmed and compliant OR armed and compliant. (basically saying a controlled RP scenario is created when one of these three criteria are met.)
This complements Rule 2.3 Combat Cuffing: "Do not attempt to cuff someone whilst in a combat scenario, you may only cuff someone in a controlled RP situation." However this staff ruling is out of date as staff ingame have said multiple times that despite being under FearRP, you cannot cuff someone who has a gun out. Needs to be changed to reflect that if that is the rule that is intended.

Rule 4.3: Combative Personnel. Needs to be changed under IA to reflect that we are allowed to assist with D-Class and detaining civilians. We already have policies in place that say we are not allowed to do the jobs of other personnel (man airlock, bring civs back to surface and amnesticize) but stopping these people and turning them over to the right people are things any responsible combative would do- we are fully aware of this as is every other combative. Not dealing with SCPs or GOIs who are raiding (GOC/CI) is something that we can live with, despite folks being disgruntled over it but they can respectfully cope as we fulfill a different combat role during these times in manning the checkpoint and taking non-combatives to safety which is something I'm personally fine with. But letting D-Class and civs just run by us is unrealistic.

That's all I got. Thanks for reading the textwall, let me know what you think.