Denied Sandwalkers Map idea suggestion

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
I am suggesting this as someone in the mappe team may like this and this may be accepted or if i was to be accepted for mapper its here saved to come back to.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make or modify a map to have a setting in germany with a cap point similar to this
predjama-inner-carniola-slovenia-predjama-castle-built-into-the-opening-of-a-cave_u-L-Q1BMAOD0.jpg
Base for NATO
R.1b7990c2d6754c35f375c8ef3e2b6da2

Similar base for NWO (yes its polish but its slavic ignore the nato flags)
846bragg-2.jpg

These bases would obviously be gated and walled with AA defence and also light vehicle defence by means of high caliber weaponry on a watch tower or 2

This map would be woodlands with rivers and streams with quite a lot of variation in verticality by having deep caverns and cracks in the ground and having a german style base for nato and a polish/slavic style base for NWO.
R.a1c2270f3b4cbb15a13b91441ff42fc4

ce6be18a885f274dcaf9eccd9bfaf3ba.jpg

d86c6e48442330fd69a6b66e29e1b19c.jpg

R.c902597c275eb35fc0911ab3997675a4

Has something similar been suggested before?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
A really good new map, it is very unique and if done correctly would bring alot more people to the server and it would make a lot of RP viable by making different places into different things, use your imagination, the NWO would be brought away from strictly thinking being russian and NATO would be less UK and American as it would be in germany, skins would follow suit like M1A1 going to switch to forrest or even a camo net being modelled for it.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People complaining that snipers are useless as it would be more rifle and SMG suited, except the cave castle

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Need a new and fresh map with more RP potential.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
+Support, also fun fact, the first picture has a map made in source already, it's a csgo map, it's called de_castle

Harry

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 28, 2021
Dear Sandwalker,

Thank you for your suggestion to create or modify a map with a setting in Germany featuring cap points based on the Predjama Castle in Slovenia and a Polish-style base. While your idea of a woodland map with rivers, streams, and variations in verticality sounds interesting, I would like to address some points and considerations.

Firstly, incorporating unique features like deep caverns, cracks in the ground, and watchtowers with high-caliber weaponry would indeed require significant time and effort. Creating detailed and realistic environments, especially with verticality and varied terrain, can be a complex task that would require careful planning, design, and development. It's important to note that creating a map of this scale and level of detail could potentially take several months, possibly even more than six months, to develop a basic version.

Additionally, implementing gated and walled bases with anti-aircraft defense and light vehicle defense would involve designing and balancing the gameplay mechanics. It would require careful consideration to ensure fair gameplay for both teams and to avoid any potential imbalances or frustrations.

While your suggestion does offer potential benefits, such as attracting new players and providing unique role-playing opportunities, it's crucial to consider the feasibility of development within a realistic timeframe. Creating a map of this complexity would require a dedicated team of developers, artists, and level designers working together, which may not be feasible within a two-month timeframe.

I hope this response helps address some of the concerns and provides a realistic perspective on the implementation of your suggestion. While it may not be possible to create this exact map within a short timeframe, I encourage you to continue sharing your ideas and suggestions for future development.

Best regards, Harry

Luk

Apr 19, 2023
+Support
I think a map like that would be amazing, however its true that it would need a lot of work.

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
Dear Sandwalker,

Thank you for your suggestion to create or modify a map with a setting in Germany featuring cap points based on the Predjama Castle in Slovenia and a Polish-style base. While your idea of a woodland map with rivers, streams, and variations in verticality sounds interesting, I would like to address some points and considerations.

Firstly, incorporating unique features like deep caverns, cracks in the ground, and watchtowers with high-caliber weaponry would indeed require significant time and effort. Creating detailed and realistic environments, especially with verticality and varied terrain, can be a complex task that would require careful planning, design, and development. It's important to note that creating a map of this scale and level of detail could potentially take several months, possibly even more than six months, to develop a basic version.

Additionally, implementing gated and walled bases with anti-aircraft defense and light vehicle defense would involve designing and balancing the gameplay mechanics. It would require careful consideration to ensure fair gameplay for both teams and to avoid any potential imbalances or frustrations.

While your suggestion does offer potential benefits, such as attracting new players and providing unique role-playing opportunities, it's crucial to consider the feasibility of development within a realistic timeframe. Creating a map of this complexity would require a dedicated team of developers, artists, and level designers working together, which may not be feasible within a two-month timeframe.

I hope this response helps address some of the concerns and provides a realistic perspective on the implementation of your suggestion. While it may not be possible to create this exact map within a short timeframe, I encourage you to continue sharing your ideas and suggestions for future development.

Best regards, Harry
while this is completely relevent the tools and support out there along side free content from valve and the comunity would greatly reduce the time taken to create such a map. I reckon with a genuinly good template of a map drawn already it would take min 5 months max 12 months, that is depending on how dedicated people are and howmuch time is actually sunk into the map.

Previously mentioned that castle is already a Valve map so we could actually use that to skip past a massive part of the map time and get straight into bases and other cap points.

Dan Bambozzini

Jun 10, 2022
-Support

Although this sounds really fucking cool, I fail to see this ever being made. There are like 5 bugs or more that haven’t been fixed because we barely have a dev team to meet the basic needs to constantly fix and update the server. We only have one mapper and it would take an extreme amount of work for that one guy to make this.

Reactions: Bumble

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
-Support

Although this sounds really fucking cool, I fail to see this ever being made. There are like 5 bugs or more that haven’t been fixed because we barely have a dev team to meet the basic needs to constantly fix and update the server. We only have one mapper and it would take an extreme amount of work for that one guy to make this.
Hi Dan
Thank you for the input into my idea, however I don't understand the -support if you think it's "really fucking cool" the work that would be required to release this map would be quite immense that is correct, however the work that mappers would put into this (not even this map any map) would have a massive return with activity of players and increase in rp as its a different location and culture.

As i have put at top aswell I am in process of becoming a mapper so 2 mappers will be on it.

'Kyzent

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Sandwalker, Your suggestion has been denied.

At this time, we do not have the development resources to make this happen without a proper development team in place, I do like the idea but I cannot accept this, If you wish to make this happen then feel free to apply for Developer - Mapping in Developer Applications but until then I cannot give any promises of this happening near future.

Thanks again.
'Kyzent​

Status
Not open for further replies.