Denied SCP-008 Containment Blocker Hack

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylveon

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Add an effect to the SCP-008 Containment Blocker, that when hacked, it would randomly generate a spore in the foundation. Personally I was thinking the hack could be level 6, and require at least 75 players on to complete.
- A Side note, would be to add it as a loggable breach in the logs, that way Staff would be easily able to identify if it was a Fail Breach, or CI causing it, But that is a side note on the main suggestion.
- Possibly add give it a 2-4 Hour Cooldown between hacks, to prevent over use of said blocker.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Bringing a undeceive element to SCP-008 breaches, instead of CI grabbing a syringe, they could opt to hack the block to release it some where else, and being protected by a Level 6 hack, means its reasonably difficult.
- More interesting gameplay, as you could be chilling in Medbay, only to see a meatball fall from the ceiling, and know its over, which could lead to either the 008 breach succeeding, or the 008 spore landing right infront of a E-11 Biohazard.
- The Loud hacking makes it easy to hear from E-11 Bunks, not to mention with the camera there, it will be easier to see some one hacking the 008 box. The Camera being broken makes Higher Up foundation want it fixed ASAP, so either way, it will be hard to go unnoticed in 008.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- A Slightly easier path for CI to breach SCP-008, instead of having to hack roughly 2 Level 5's, they can hack one level 6 to guarantee a spore generation, hopefully with the blocker being set to only be hacked at 75 players, it would also mean this won't be abused during low pop.
- Hacking upgrades would render this to a level 5, but I personally see this as a risk reward, as people have to claim this mission reward first, so why not be able to utilize it?
- Possible Dev time to introduce this function to the containment blocker.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I personally see this as a fun alternative to breaching 008, as the syringes are really cool, but I believe a "OH Shit, where the spore at" factor to help spread some fear around the site for an 008 breach.

Desert punk

Feb 17, 2023
+support
make it only so GOI's can hack it though since if 079 hacked it it would be an instant code black every time he breaches

Goondra "Sleepy"

Dec 9, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Sylveon ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.
-
008 Breaches are already very frequent enough and disrupts RP massively during the times it is breached.
Due to those reasons we believe adding more ways 008 can be breached will damage to the servers Roleplay

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.
Thanks again
Goondra​

Status
Not open for further replies.