Denied SCP-008 Rework

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Makes two different types of SCP 008. SCP 008 and SCP 008-E
The current SCP 008 works as SCP 008-2 makes spores and can respawn on them. It is a virus and SCP 008 can become stronger and bulk up over time. What this would change is that the 008 that spawn in 008 room would act like old SCP-008. Where there is no spores and they cant bulk up. Just plain old weak zombies.

But with SCP 008-E this would be made by SCP 008 and some other chem being mixed with it to make it. (disclaimer: The way that SCP 008 would be mixed is that it would be put in a special vial in a centrifuge that the special vial would not be able to be picked up in the player inv for balance.) SCP 008-E would work how SCP 008 works now. With SCP 008 being able to bulk up and having spores allowing them to respawn.
Both of these would its own different types of virus that can spread over many people before people becoming SCP 008.
Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
CI/GOC/Foundation can RP more with SCP 008
Less mega breaches of SCP 008
CI can weaponize SCPs for once.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time
not really needed right now.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think base on everything that has been happening to the server with SCP 008 and how SCP 008 could add more RP to the server this would be a good change. More research RP can happen and more docs can be made. Less mega and very annoying to recontain SCP 008 breaches would happen aswell. Overall i think most people would think this would be a lot more better way of SCP 008 being in the server than in the way it is now.

Thank fucking christ a 008 nerf suggestion. This thing used to be so fun before it became a daily occurance.

It'd be neat if it wasn't just a chemical perse, but an extremely complicated chemical mixture sequence w/ a unique minigame similar to hacking on a difficulty scale. Would give a higher skill ceiling to CI, and give people who are bad at hacking a niche if they're super good at the chemical minigame.

Also, me personally, I'd remove the "not really needed right now" part in the negatives, because 008 has tanked server health in recent weeks. At this point some kind of action is absolutely necessary.

+ SOUP TO THE MOON 🌙

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
+support

although wouldn't this take away all the info about 008 being a 100% fatality and lethality if one singular strand was not?
Well in SCP lore SCP-008-E was made during camp Grenada and was a more effective virus because of the fact that the zombies duplicated over time and they could also sprint. So it would not take anything from RP in the server. Just the fact that now there is two different types of 008s. One being more powerful then the other.

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Suggestion Denied

Hi John "Kratos" Freeman,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This would be a severe nerf to 008 and make it far easier to recontain, as it stands we believe 008 is fine how it is. We do not believe that adding a non-sporous strain is out of the question however.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.