Accepted SCP - 079: Keys

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakanum

Jun 25, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I suggest to permanently add Keys to SCP - 079.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I believe I am the first person suggesting this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1.There is a bug, that makes the Hacking tool unusable until one changes to a secondary item. This could and would be fixed through this change.

2. In addition the hacking tool blocks the vision of every 079 player. Through the usage of keys this could be circumvented.
This change would therefore also act as a quality of life change.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
SCP - 079 players could abuse this change to lock doors on surface. I dont think this would be a big problem though, as SCP - 079 is only accesible as XK - Class VIP and the number of trolls owning that rank is very low.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This change would be fast to implement and has virtually no downsides. As a player who mainly plays SCP - 079 when playing as an SCP, I personally have witnessed how annoying and time consuming it is to fix the previously mentioned bug. As SCP - 079 is usually only breached for a short amount of time, calling a sit and fixing the bug can be a run killer. By giving SCP - 079 a key to fix the bug itself, a great amount of time could be saved, which makes the game more fluid and fair towards SCP - 079 players.

joseph mumua

Sep 13, 2023
+support
it is so annoying having to ask someone to give you the keys swep when they could just include it with the SCP
no downsides to this change imo

Jacub

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jan 21, 2022
+Support
SCP - 079 players could abuse this change to lock doors on surface. I dont think this would be a big problem though, as SCP - 079 is only accesible as XK - Class VIP and the number of trolls owning that rank is very low.
This could be avoided by changing it to the hands swep, instead of keys. If this truly is such a big problem.

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023
Neutral
I agree that the bug is annoying but I'd like to raise with Keys SCP-079 may come with a further bug of him being able to claim unowned cars, and doors in pinewood.

Instead I recommend the default "hands" swep from GMOD is given instead.
If with hands, or a swep that doesnt allow for the same functionality keys does, then I would completely agree and + support this.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Neutral
I agree that the bug is annoying but I'd like to raise with Keys SCP-079 may come with a further bug of him being able to claim unowned cars, and doors in pinewood.
079 flys to pinewood
buys ever door and car
leaves

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Approved

Hi @Wakanum,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.