Denied SCP-096 Bucket Ruinning Breach Fix

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds the same bar the techies have when fixing something, Onto when someone is using the bucket sweep on SCP-096.
Change the bar timer so it takes only 2,5 seconds to end

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Im not sure if its been added recently or a long time ago but someone who has looked at 096 cannot place a bucket on him which i think is an ok decision but is not perfect. Also im not sure if something similar has been suggested before.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- 096 Being a lot more active during the breaches due to currently being not so good.
- Making the Roleplay/Gameplay better as its not very realistic for everytime someone grabs a bucket to immdietly place a bucket on 096 head perfectly without taking the time to make sure its fixed to his face and wont fall off shortly after.
- Makes the 096 breaches actually dangerous same as described in the SCP Lore.
- Possibility of more people applying for 096

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- The negative I see with this is 096 moving while the bucket is placed on him. But as the SCP is only avalible after passing the whitelist and making sure the player knows how 096 should act and what rules he should follow. An small fix for that would also be to add to the SCP-096 Rules

6.6 - SCP specific rules;
SCP-096No
  • Cannot purposefully look at people
  • Must sit down (crouching) when not in an agro state
  • Must only kill those that look at its face or purposefully block its path, e.g. body blocking a door
  • Whilst breached, SCP-096 may roam when left undisturbed for more than 60 seconds
  • SL can authorize the use of a soundboards
  • Cannot move while the bucket is being secured onto his head before the 60 second mark ends if he's not in the agro'd state

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion would make SCP-096 breaches actually fun for people that applied for it due to the SCP-096 currently being unwanted to breach or to be played as. The bucket mechanic is very unrealistic due to the player just having to mass spam the left click button near running SCP-096 to mostly of the time ruin the breach as after being bucketed SCP-096 needs around 3-5 Minutes to break the bucket. And mostly by that time someone with scramblers and emergency bucket is there to take him back to his cage. My suggestion would make the breaches still recontainable but make the SCP-096 wanted to play as

Last edited:

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
+Support
096 is quite boring and doesn't feel like the threat described in the article, gameplay wise, he is more of a nuisance

+Support
i know it's been denied before, but i've never really been okay with just instantly being able to bucket 096 while it's moving at high speed. bear in mind that 096 has a high top speed; i think its run speed should be increased just a little bit, too.

however, i feel like players would just bodyblock 096 more as a result of this change

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.