Accepted SCP-096 Rule Clarification [US/UK]

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tusk

Jan 14, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Currently as it stands, there is a weird "Rule" that even if 096's door is open, he cannot exit his CC unless someone looks at him. This is because in the rule in which after a certain amount of time passes, 096 is permitted to wander around, it says he has to be "Breached". That being said, the only time when the Breach Active/Inactive sign is green is either when someone has looked at 096, or a picture is spawned in.

This is the official rule:
"Whilst breached, SCP-096 may roam when left undisturbed for more than 60 seconds"

The problem comes in with 096's unique mechanics, and never truly being breached and at the same time not chasing a target.

Personally, I believe there should be the following addition to the rule,
"Whilst breached, SCP-096 may roam when left undisturbed for more than 60 seconds"
"SCP-096 is considered Breached When either his CC door is left open and/or he is outside of his CC through chasing a target"

However, even if that addition isn't accepted, I still think there should be a clarification to explain exactly what breached means.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • Rule clarification to prevent arguments between players and staff
  • Force MTF and Maintenance teams to fully re-contain 096, rather than just leaving the door open and walking away(This has happened a number of times)
  • Enhances RP, as it would force re-containment teams to treat fixing 096's chamber as a top priority
  • Wouldn't change the strategy to re-contain SCP-096 that much, just now having to hold him in an isolated area first while waiting for his chamber to be fixed, or keeping an eye on him in his chamber making sure he doesn't leave, or just fixing the chamber while the breach is ongoing.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • More frequent disruptions of RP through 096 breaches(However, I will say that most of the additional breaches 096 would get would be limited to only HCZ unless E11 majorly screw up, due to the fact that 096 can't break doors when he doesn't have a target, and can't open them)
  • Could result in a SCPs focusing on breaching 096 through breaking his doors, enhancing the magnitude of other breaches

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Again, even if this Suggestion is not accepted, I think the rule should still be clarified.

That being said, I believe that SCP-096 is not incredibly overpowered right now, I've even heard people say it needs a buff, and that he is under-powered. I won't argue that this would be considered a buff to him, but I believe that this buff would be just right in order to help make SCP-096 more fun to play, make better sense in RP, and clarify a rule that has confused me since I applied for 096.

moonyguru

Sep 1, 2022
+support I got warned for 7722 breaking my door open then walking out as I thought that meant my containment has been breached.

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California

1.06 096 FailRP - SCP-096 may only leave his chamber when he has had a containment failure.

Tusk

Jan 14, 2023

1.06 096 FailRP - SCP-096 may only leave his chamber when he has had a containment failure.
Ok, What exactly does Containment Failure mean? To me, a broken CC door seems like a pretty massive containment Failure

Tusk

Jan 14, 2023
When the box ( outside the CC) Says contaiment failure.
Either way, I personally think it should be changed, and even if it isn't, the containment failure part should In some way be included on the actual SCP rule page

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
Can be confusing for new 096 wich i am one and staff has given me 2 different awnsers but i understand it now but still agree with this suggestion

Waifunat

Mar 3, 2023
+ Support
Makes sense, the doors broken/left open, that seems like a containment failure. Should just let 096 leave in that case, he is not difficult to recontain. I was told by staff to just leave when his door was opened one time, then another time told not to, it is very confusing.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Hi,

A clarification was implemented recently, please check the SCP-specific clarifications on the rule clarifications thread.

This will be locked and marked as accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.