Partially Accepted SCP-22415 Rework and Rule Revision

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion reworks SCP-22415 to be a bit more balanced for SCP's, as well as adding the ability to act against SCP-22415 as a breached SCP.
Rule Change
Excerpt from SCP-22415 Application Form:

"It should be a priority, in combat situations, to aid non-combatants to safety rather than focusing on the combat itself. you may also assist in containment efforts if there are no longer non-combatant humans in direct need of assistance - this is an exception to the rule 6.3 SCP Teaming."

Revision:

It should be a priority, in combat situations, to aid non-combatants to safety rather than focusing on the combat itself. you may also assist in containment efforts if there are no longer non-combatant humans in direct need of assistance, however you may not drag, or hold a cuffed SCP. You are also not permitted to directly re-contain SCP's, I.E placing the cuffed SCP into its cell, or using the femur breaker in SCP-106's containment chamber. SCP-22415 may not repel/force an SCP's into active sources of damage, examples being nerve gas clouds, sentries, tesla gates, turrets, and active firing lines(examples not limited to listings) - this is an exception to the rule 6.3 SCP Teaming.

Rework of SCP-22415 Mechanics

SCP-22415 stay immortal, however, they spawn with 4,500 HP, and if they go below 100 HP, they are automatically thrown into their dimension, and cannot leave (mechanically they are trapped and physically cannot leave) for 90 seconds. There is no minimum for an HP threshold to leave, it is strictly a timer. However, if they leave immediately after the timer, and get shoved back in via being attacked, their timer extends to 120 seconds. When in the Helper's Dimension, they regenerate health at exactly 5 health a second, and if they reach at least 500 health, their timer remains at 90 seconds.

(Due to the potency and field altering abilities of Ricky, he will not be gaining any benefits, other than the optional ability to charge its ACB while stuck.)

> Danny can now utilize its healing abilities on itself to ensure it can stay outside longer once the timer is over.
> Jamie has a reduced timer (going from 90 seconds to 60), and is immune to timer extensions, staying strictly at 60 seconds always

All SCP-22415 regenerate 5HP every second, and can be harmed by AA, Gunfire, All GoI's, and including SCP SWEPS. In the event they are holding someone/an SCP cuffed, and are forced into their dimension, they immediately lose their hold, allowing the captee to be freed, without them being dragged around.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Sylveon posted a suggestion earlier today, here. I feel mine is different as the core mechanics are redone to be a bit more balanced for SCP players.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

> Rebalancing for SCP players, providing an option to counter Ricky, and the other 22415's
> Rewarding escaped SCP's for outmaneuvering the 22415 instances
> Gives certain SCP's a niche, such as SCP-966, and SCP-106 (who can just shove the 22415's into their dimension outright), allowing some to get the jump on SCP-22415 through positioning and choosing when to approach the instances

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
> Breach Loop Syndrome could be further burrowed into the site, and ruin RP
(Breach Loop Syndrome explained below)
> SCP Breaches
> Breach lasts a few hours
> Another SCP breaches
> ERT is called and either fails or saves the site
> (optional) Nuke is used
> Immediately after, CI raid and hack an SCP out, or D-Class hack an SCP out, restarting the loop

> Ricky players lose value during breaches slightly, and are less of a powerhouse in containment efforts

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I feel it is unfair that an immortal SCP can actively affect other SCP's, with no way for them to respond or mitigate it, especially with the ability to RC and drag an SCP that is cuffed. When you hand an SCP to Ricky, he cannot die, and hence cannot be intercepted/killed by CI, D-Class, or even other SCP's. I feel this is the proper balancing that should be in effect, and would be more likely to prompt players to actually try to use gamesense, positioning, and skill, over just going "oh, Ricky's here, guess the breach is over."

Last edited by a moderator:
- SUPPORT

I agree with the idea of this suggestion, it seems that 22415 wasn't really balanced for current server "breach roleplay." However, I don't think this suggestion is the way I would think 22415 instances should be changed to. Perhaps a combination of this suggestion's idea of booting instances to the dimension forcefully when at low health combined and keeping their standard health pool while being unaffected by most SCP SWEPs would be ideal.

Ricky as of current can be a make or break SCP during mass breaches but it cannot single handily coordinate a breach effort and carry re-containment efforts. Keeping in mind, you can be play every SCP well, this includes 22415 and there is counterplay to 22415. I feel more interactions between SCPs and 22415 would be more beneficial especially ones who are more niche and not breached nearly as often would improve the overall variety of breached SCPs and those chosen to be breach tooled rather than 8837, 076, TG, and the like being the standard SCPs and no one else.

Ricky in it's current state is very powerful due to the lack of individual counterplay for SCP players, leaving them to feel helpless, but I don't think this suggestion in it's current state would be the "correct" way to resolve this issue.

Oct 1, 2022
Penisvile Mexico
google.com
+support (y)

as a gmod creator we need to make the life of CI and d class so unplayable that there is no fun in trying as this would be great game design.
also we need to remove the scrap dealer from d class as it is to OP for the gensec with custom bought donated weapons
and finally we need to remove the roles from CI and d class and only keep d class normal and CI operative.

- bend dover formally foundation overseer

Attachments

• Bruv.png
    Bruv.png
    17 KB · Views: 0
  • Haha
Reactions: Niox

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi La Femme Rose,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

We will add the rule clarification as it is has been a reoccurring problem and we believe it is necessary, however we do not believe that a mechanics change of 22415 is necessary just yet. This would take significant dev time and as it stands we do not believe 22415 is big enough of an issue to require that change.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.