Denied SCP-323 Rework "Goat-man"

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
A revamp on how SCP-323 drains sanity.

Currently, the way SCP-323 drains sanity is by looking at the targets for around 20 - 30 seconds before their sanity meter goes down to zero, then being able to "1 shot" the target.

The new way it would work if the suggestion would be implemented is an invisible radius around SCP-323 that whenever an entity / person is inside of said circle, their sanity would drain. Something I believe could be a great system for SCP-323 is, the closer you are to him the more sanity drains. Here are some examples of values (can and probably would be tweaked)

0 - 5 meter range: 5% - 10% sanity drain per second

5 - 10 meter range: 4% - 3% sanity drain per second

15 meters+ until the end of the radius: 2% - 1% per second

Another buff that would probably be needed if this system is implemented is SCP-323 runspeed, if I remember correctly, SCP-323's runspeed is the same / a tad bit faster than a regular person w/o any chemicals so to make it fair for the 323 players they would have a small advantage against the players (which it should have, it's an SCP..) something like a 5% - 10% increase. (If I'm incorrect and he is faster already it wont really need to be changed)

Just an idea that I would like to throw out there that could possibly be added to this is that if SCP-323 is looking at you whilst you are in the circle, a temporary buff for whenever you are looking at the subject could be added as a multiplier in how much sanity someone is receiving.

https://gyazo.com/4dc5f9d04d75969024fdd17dc7c0988d - Here's an example of how the radius could look (just a quick sketch, doesnt need to be the final product)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Scrolled for a few minutes and saw nothing similar

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Currently, SCP-323 is the worst option for a surface breach out of the 2 choices, 8854 being miles better than 323, therefore it unfortunatly causing 323 to be highly ignored whenever someone picks an SCP to surface breach with. 8854 being basically a 1 shot to kill (ignoring that they need to hit the person once on the ground) whilst SCP-323 needing to look at a singular target for over 20 seconds makes it quite unbalanced between the two SCP's.

SCP-323 is an extremely weak SCP that practically has nothing going for them. With this rework it could bring more players onto the SCP and increasing the amount of surface breaches that happen per day, this increases roleplay mainly for the people in pinewood, DEA, Nu7, CI, GOC and MC&D.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Whilst I don't see any "extreme" negatives with this suggestion, I believe that if this gets implemented that SCP 8854 could get ignored if they overtune the SCP too much as that is what usually happens when SCP's get updated / added.

It could be hard for CI, MC&D or GOC to capture / neutralize the SCP at early hours if it becomes too powerful + the low amount of numbers on when it has breached.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this should be added because of how unpractical it is to waste a surface breach on 323 currently. It is almost laughable how easy it is to counter and contain this SCP at the moment and it really shows in the little amount of people that actually attempt to surface breach as him.

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023
+Support 323 is butt right now, I've only managed to do well with it a few times but if you get swarmed by 10+ MTF/CI/GOC it's gg

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-support
323 already does this though... if you go onto the other side of a house while 323 is inside you still get stalked with no LoS i mean maybe increase the range I guess? but people use guns to shoot him. AoE stalking only effect those that camp indoors which is a boring and unfun playstyle. A different change would be better.

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi Delt,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We believe these changes would nerf SCP-343 to be worse than he already is, as it would give a huge advantage to long range opponents like marksmen who are plentiful on surface.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.