Accepted SCP-457 Buff

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I think we can all agree that SCP-457 is probably the worst SCP to breach as. You walk pretty slow, your fire doesn't do a ton of damage and has a short radius, and you have people constantly shooting you because of how slow you walk.

My proposal is to do an overhaul to 457 completely by buffing out everything about his abilities. My proposal is this:

1. Increase the radius of the fire. Currently, you have to be pretty much within 5 meters of 457 for him to light you on fire. Increasing it at least a little bit would make it more fair.
  2. Change the method of containment. Put fire extinguishers which are level 2 or above in dispensers. Fire extinguishers are the only method able to reduce 457's health and shooting will do absolutely nothing. Once his fire is "tamed" (AKA 0 health), he will be frozen at which point his flames are less intense and he'll be able to get dragged back to his containment chamber.
I think these two methods of buffing 457 are the first steps to bringing him out of being the worst SCP to breach as, to being a decent SCP to breach as. Of course, more buffs can be done later.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- SCP-457 will not be able to be contained within 5-10 minutes and will require more effort.
- SCP-457 will be played by more people.
- SCP-457 will actually have a balanced way to contain him. Those who do not have fire extinguishers are kinda screwed. They can always be obtained by a dispenser though!

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
As stated above, those who do not have fire extinguishers would be kind of screwed when attempting to contain SCP-457. Other than that, there aren't really any negatives to be quite honest.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This should be accepted because currently from what I have heard and seen, SCP-457 is undoubtedly the worst SCP to breach as. He is always very quickly contained and his fire does not do a ton of damage (both because of damage and radius). This buff suggestion would make SCP-457 more enjoyable to play and be breached.

Landon

Nov 30, 2022
+support
He really needs a buff the only time I see one breach is either CI or a person is just doing a test on him

Reactions: "Recker"

Yog

Jun 17, 2023
+support
the AoE would compensate him for his slow speed and would increase his breach durations, which I believe average too low

Snowson

Jun 20, 2023
+Support
There was a solo 457 breach last night that lasted a single-digit amount of minutes

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
+ Support

457 is my favorite SCP, but since he's pretty bad it's hard to use him. Most of the time, he's not only the slowest SCP tied with 106, with a sprint that leaves a lot to be desired, but also just a damage sponge with a weak, slow attack, and not enough of anything HP wise to take heavy blows.

However, I still think he should be a term SCP since he's not a physical entity, rather just being entirely made of flames, and the extinguishers should not be the only way to RC him. It'd be nice if he had damage resistance to anything that isn't a fire extinguisher. This could be done by setting his HP to something a lot higher (EX: 60,000), having extinguishers doing about 3x more DPS than guns would do.

Additionally, I don't think they should be fire extinguishers, but rather a ranged foam gun, allowing ranged combat to still be possible. I do not think it'd be fair for 457's main CC method to require people to get up close and personal, since 457's main attack relies on people getting up and close

Last edited:
Reactions: Landon and "Recker"

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
+ Support

457 is my favorite SCP, but since he's pretty bad it's hard to use him. Most of the time, he's not only the slowest SCP tied with 106, with a sprint that leaves a lot to be desired, but also just a damage sponge with a weak, slow attack, and not enough of anything HP wise to take heavy blows.

However, I still think he should be a term SCP since he's not a physical entity, rather just being entirely made of flames, and the extinguishers should not be the only way to RC him. It'd be nice if he had damage resistance to anything that isn't a fire extinguisher. This could be done by setting his HP to something a lot higher (EX: 60,000), having extinguishers doing about 3x more DPS than guns would do.

Additionally, I don't think they should be fire extinguishers, but rather a ranged foam gun, allowing ranged combat to still be possible. I do not think it'd be fair for 457's main CC method to require people to get up close and personal, since 457's main attack relies on people getting up and close
The only thing to this is I said fire extinguishers because I didn't state in the post to increase the fire's damage - so you'd have to get at least a little bit hurt to extinguish him or need a good amount of people. That in itself would be a buff. Kind of like how you need a crap load of people to take down 682.

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
The only thing to this is I said fire extinguishers because I didn't state in the post to increase the fire's damage - so you'd have to get at least a little bit hurt to extinguish him or need a good amount of people. That in itself would be a buff. Kind of like how you need a crap load of people to take down 682.
While I am under the general idea that most SCPs should be at least in similar power levels and shouldn't be TOO far off from each other, all the while each maintaining a balanced state, I don't think it's a good idea for 457 to come even close to as powerful as 682.

"Recker"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
While I am under the general idea that most SCPs should be at least in similar power levels and shouldn't be TOO far off from each other, all the while each maintaining a balanced state, I don't think it's a good idea for 457 to come even close to as powerful as 682.
No not saying he should be - that was just an example of how strength in numbers applies.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.