Denied SCP-914 1:1 ID card transform GOI

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
Add: The ability for cards dropped inside SCP-914 to change from foundation to CI, CI-F, GOC-F, etc. (random chance)
make it so it is random, if CI puts there card in theres a chance it could turn into a GOC card. As well keep the current system of one use, so it can’t be upgraded.

Has been suggested: could not find anything

Pros:
-Easier to gain access to the facility
-Name will stay on card, so when ID checked, it will still say CI (or whatever was on the card) as the name, despite being transformed
-Cards can only be transformed and can’t be upgraded afterwards, plus a chance that the card is transformed into the wrong GOI
- All GOIs will be on higher alert for Undercover agents gaining access

Cons:
-Possible abuse either spamming cards in 914 or due to being able to get other GOI cards easily, people may enter the base when they aren’t allowed to (solo raid) etc
-Due to easier access, makes it harder for GENSEC and other security to track down an intruder
-Potentially more false ID checks/ metagame
- unwanted access for surface GOI’s by D-class entering their base

Based on Pros and Cons why it should be added:
At times it may be difficult for DC’s to get a foundation card or for Foundation to get a CI card. As well as if a MR force does make it to 914 they will have to strip their cards, which will take time. When this is done they will throw their card in 914 on 1:1. However there is chance the card could change into GOC card ruining it. They also can’t upgrade it either on fine. The card will also retain their original name. Similar to the scrap dealer cards. So if ID checked, the card will Say CI-D “Dr.Mike” despite it being a foundation card. With every addition to the game there is a chance for abuse. However metagaming can be easily avoided with proper moderation. As well as te-5 does the same job as key card just takes longer. Therefore if people want in they will get in regardless. I think with my proposed balances it would make it fair for everyone. Cards can only be transformed or upgraded, name stays the same, as well as its a random chance to which goi it changes to. CI, GOC, and foundation will be on higher alert as people can more easily gain access. As well as DEA/ NU-7 can easily access CI base for DC or raid. As well as everyone stashes the opposite GOI’s card anyways, this just increases the chance of having the opposite card.

Addition: it is failrp to mass produce guns, therefore it should be failrp to mass produce key cards

Last edited:

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
- SUPPORT

I do think it’s a very original and interesting idea to make keycards transform to a different GOI but I think this can be abused too easily and it is already hard enough to spot deepcovers etc… it doesn’t need to be harder than it already is.

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
-support

Seems completely unnecessary. Would also let foundation get whatever keycard they wanted for any GOI with ease.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
This would be a good addition, but i think the negatives outweight the positives

F having infinite access to 914 means infinite GOC and CI keycards for them, meaning easier raids.

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy

Lester Green

Oct 25, 2022
-support
The entire reason to not let F even upgrade CI/GOC card in 914 is to make it balanced for GOI's. Anything that makes F have the ability to make or upgrade GOI cards is probably too unbalanced since they can use it whenever.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support (but only if F can't make GOI cards)
regarding the issue with CI potentially being able to make as many as they want, just defend 914 better. i don't see the issue. 914 is already a heavily patrolled and defended area on UK - just be more stringent with it.

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
That could work or make the chances extremely low and/or like make it like SCP: CB and your keycard turns into credit card (something like that essentially ruining the card completely)

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
That could work or make the chances extremely low and/or like make it like SCP: CB and your keycard turns into credit card (something like that essentially ruining the card completely)
there is actually like a completely useless ID card you can get from 1162, maybe have that as something that the card can turn into

Zenvia

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 8, 2021
-Support as this is a very easily abuseable way to farm high level keycards by stripping your own CL4 for keycards and transforming them into other GOI keycards. There is meant to be some sort of resistance when getting new keycards with for example CL4 cards having to be dropped from a CL4 personnel or upgraded from a non-upgraded CL3 keycard. Imagine foundation strip keycards from SA and obtain CL4 CI or GOC cards and have access to their entire base in a raid while having not done anything to be rewarded that access.

I would +Support if you could turn the access card into other forms of cards like a Canadian ID card, games card, Tarot card, etc. Perhaps tarot cards being able to give anomalous abilities or effects.

Dr.Mike

Aug 8, 2022
Pinewood, Canada
-Support as this is a very easily abuseable way to farm high level keycards by stripping your own CL4 for keycards and transforming them into other GOI keycards. There is meant to be some sort of resistance when getting new keycards with for example CL4 cards having to be dropped from a CL4 personnel or upgraded from a non-upgraded CL3 keycard. Imagine foundation strip keycards from SA and obtain CL4 CI or GOC cards and have access to their entire base in a raid while having not done anything to be rewarded that access.

I would +Support if you could turn the access card into other forms of cards like a Canadian ID card, games card, Tarot card, etc. Perhaps tarot cards being able to give anomalous abilities or effects.
Well in one of my replies i did add the chance the add that possibility

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
-support
incentivizes abuse of the system. If you can use a card from your team to get one from another you can coordinate to kill/interrogate a cl5 from your team to get a cl5 for another. will not work well.

Bob "Gustav" Smith

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 28, 2022
BIG + SUPPORT
This is the greatest suggestion I have ever seen on these forums, CONTENT TEAM PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
being able to upgrade / Change to a GOI card would be extremely abusable for foundation as o5 already abuse 914 they could just stock pile low clearance CI cards then mass upgrade them so every a1 has a cl5 ci card during a raid or some bullshit

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dr.Mike ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This could be used too easily to infiltrate bases or could be abused.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Sad
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.