Accepted SCP Additional Rules

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would change the current rule clarification on SCP's camping

Current Rule: 6.01 SCPs Camping - SCPs may not camp outside of containment chambers for longer than 10 minutes.

Suggested Rule: 6.01 SCPs Camping - SCPs may not camp outside of containment chambers for longer than 5 minutes. This includes Bottom of 682 Lift, Sector Hotel and Cross roads

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Prevents SCP's for camping for long periods of time
- Allows breaches to not go on for hours on end, which overall prevents RP around the site
- Balances gameplay for E-11 when they have to attempt to fight SCP's camping specific areas

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Possibly limits SCP's ability to hold out during a breach
- Misunderstandings - E.g ERT used shields to trap an SCP then report him for camping ext

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This rule change is not massive but it balances the ability for E-11 to contain breaches as well as stopping any players with Ill intent from elongating breaches for longer than needed and avoids the ability for players from exploiting the allowed camping time in order to prevent their containment.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
lightsoulist couldnt of said it better myself breached today as type green with no mtf back up and over 20 mtf in hcz with knifes i couldnt escape

Otters

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
This is just a back and forth of MTF players who have experienced a long breach and SCP players who have experienced short breaches. Its not EVERY breach that lasts this long, however recently alot of code blacks have occured to a breach simply lasting alot. Take example our favorite 7722 players Rookie James. He has found ways to just make it a living hell, to the point where for just him, ERT needs to be called and in some rare instances a second wave of ERT.
In my opinion +Support, but in reality, people will find new camping spots and/or ways to bend these rules to their liking

Neutral Support

There are good arguments from both sides, However I will just say that I find it too hard for SCP's to generally get to surface and that SCP's generally get shredded , But I also agree that sometimes one SCP will cause a breach to go on for so long ERT gets called, Honestly I think I would support this if the turret's didn't exist or the Tesla's were weaker.

Jonas Enry

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
+support the main issue everyone here has is the camping as it shuts everything but the combat players which is a big issue. So while yes 7722 has only 15k up he regenerates armour and camping enables him to stay breached for longer. It is not fun for reaserchers who want to do tests in HCZ but can’t cos there are constant hour long breaches. Secondly in 7722s case it makes no sense to camp as he is meant to go on a crusade and kill all non believers so camping makes no sense for that

Tobi Sallow

Sep 20, 2022
But you then realize that they either leave HCZ early and get singled out for being the only SCP breached or they stay in there and get essentially trapped because tesla was turned on and 20+ people with guns are swarming into HCZ at the same time. I love this server as much as the next person too but lets be honest. E-11's RP consists of camping HCZ CP, doing boring patrols of a vacant and extremely devoid of life HCZ, or assist the researcher who didn't have an officer to a test. Nu7 quite literally just stand around helping wherever they can until they're called to surface for Ops, help contain an SCP that has breached, or CI begins to raid. Stevens, the ex-Nu7 commander, had a conversation the other day and we both agreed that you need TEAMWORK and COOPERATION to defeat an SCP. Use tactics, teamwork, and your equipment and within 5 minutes you can contain an SCP. It's not the fact the SCP is camping, although it partially is, its the MTFs and the people involved in containing it having a skill issue of thinking they can 1v1 an SCP. You can't. Stop it.
- support

While I think this is a little more agressively worded than needed, they are correct. Its very often that one comabtive calls for a firing line, and some people form up to make one, and then some Intel agents, or ISD, or even other E-11 just run right past the firing line to go try to 1v1 the scp.
While its true to say that a good few guns is all it takes to stop an scp from breaching a second scp, I would argue its more engaging roleplay and more interesting combat to set up a firing line (giving the scp a brief window of time to attempt to breach the other) and then if they take too long, then push forward. As long as they're not actively camping, a good firing line is more than enough.

-support
E-11 when an scp waits 5 hours to breach and they can’t fuck them over in a matter of minutes
View attachment 6564
While true, I do believe that late hours suffer greatly from SCPs camping specific areas and no one being present to Code Black/Nuke if ERT get screwed by 173 or 106. Maybe a greater clarification on rules would be useful, but HCZ shouldn't be the main combat arena for SCPs when there's plenty lovely D-Class and Researchers to rush.

Neutral, the rules do need to specified on areas greatly, but not to a point that any SCP in HCZ gets screwed by staff while trying to escape while firing lines are stopping them.

Giudon

Jan 1, 2023
+Support
I hate people camping the elevator. but hopefully, all of this will be over soon with the new HCZ update, where it won't be as cramped as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.