Denied SCP Queue Mechanics rework.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
. Remove the requirement to play as an SCP in order to hold a place in the breach queue
. Move all breachable SCPs into a hidden breach queue with the same opt-in function as SCP-8854 and SCP-323
. When the breach triggers, allow players not currently on SCP jobs to select which SCP they want to breach as; based on which SCPs are not occupied
. Players who are currently on an SCP that has been flagged for a breach will still breach
. Create the function for players in the opt-in breach queue to accept to play as an SCP when it's breach triggers, the same as SCP-8854 and SCP-323
. Provide relevant jobs (researcher, O5 etc) with the ability to credit SCPs to incentivise players to flag-on for research RP

.Keep the breach queues for Site-65 and the Surface seperate.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I believe reworks to the breach queue have been suggested in the past but they did not provide effective solutions to the problems created by the rework such as this suggestion does

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
. This will remove the boring experience of sitting in the breach queue for hours on end in order to play as a breached SCP (a fundamental attraction to playing SCP-RP) and get queued players out into the game and into RP while their breach timer ticks down
. This will make better use of the available slots, as players wont be 'AFK' inside the containment chambers when they could be elsewhere engaging in RP
. This will increase the footfall around Site-65, making it feel more populated.
. This will incentivise people to flag-on for research RP, making research RP more consistently available.
. Giving relevant jobs the ability to credit an SCP player will incentivise the SCP player to engage in research RP properly

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
. There are limited circumstances in which accepting a breach queue flag could be abused, such as escaping from the IA jail cells or a hostage situation. However I think this may fall under the job abuse/LTARP rule and staff are available to make corrections/give RP refunds
. Researchers would need to become accustomed to requesting a player flags onto the SCP that they want to test on BEFORE arriving at the CC to avoid a possible wait
. There is a risk that a credit reward might not be enough to incentivise more experienced players to flag onto the SCP jobs, which could create a hurdle as some SCPs are locked behind SCP experience levels
. It can be argued that crediting a non-sentient SCP is not friendly to the lore
. It may be possible for players to meta-game which SCPs are breached based on the flag-on announcement, however it is common for players to flag-on to other SCPs when a breach occurs for the chance for the breached SCP to also breach them - which will confuse meta-gamers.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
. I think that this change will remove the biggest downside of playing an SCP, which is sitting in a containment chamber without player interaction for long periods of time
. I believe this suggestion will move more players into passive RP (usually around 8 players at peak hours)
. Players will have more control over SCP's behaviour through the crediting mechanic, which improves the quality of test RP

Last edited:
so how will it work if i queue to breach as SCP 7722 but somebody else is already on the job? what if I have been in the queue for 2 hours but just before i breach somebody gets on the 7722 job
You wouldn't select an SCP to queue for, you would just opt-in to the queue and then when a breach occurs you will be able to select an SCP based on what is available. If someone is already on SCP-7722 then it would not be available.

This allows players to play SCPs passively outside of breaches while also enabling them to select SCPs that they have donated for when the breach triggers.

Feb 22, 2024
-support,
the whole point of a breach in my eyes is a "reward" for being on the SCP for ages. What should happen to fill in the gaps is researchers testing but that rarely happens. What instead should be changed is more incentives to researching, instead of just most SCP's being called to flag on for sampling, very rarely does an actual rp test happen.

In the dev tracker there is already something to incentivise some more activity within CC's and if not maintained will lead to a breach.
https://github.com/orgs/civilnetworks-projects/projects/3/views/5?pane=issue&itemId=18924328

Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy
You wouldn't select an SCP to queue for, you would just opt-in to the queue and then when a breach occurs you will be able to select an SCP based on what is available. If someone is already on SCP-7722 then it would not be available.

This allows players to play SCPs passively outside of breaches while also enabling them to select SCPs that they have donated for when the breach triggers.
this means that every popular SCPs will almost never breach because somebody will almost always be on said SCP during the 'breach time' where the people who have opted in choose what to play as (donators pay so that they can play the SCP which means they will want to hop onto it whenever available, any good SCP that isn't donator exclusive will definitely have a player on it)
also, what happens if there is a player on every SCP at once? this means it's not possible for any SCPs to breach since none are available?

what happens if there is a player on every SCP at once? this means it's not possible for any SCPs to breach since none are available?
I did not say that the SCP would not breach, I said it would not be available to be selected because there is already a player on it.

.The breach queue will be queued up with SCP jobs, not players
.Players opt-in to join the breach queue and receive a pop-up when a breach is available
.If there is already a player on the SCP that has been flagged for a breach - they will breach
.If there is not a player on an SCP that has been flagged for a breach, the next person in the breach queue can flag onto it
.Players cannot see the breach queue

This means that people can still queue for breaching as an SCP without having to sit afk.

Updated the Op to elaborate on the points you raised to avoid confusion.

-support,
the whole point of a breach in my eyes is a "reward" for being on the SCP for ages. What should happen to fill in the gaps is researchers testing but that rarely happens. What instead should be changed is more incentives to researching, instead of just most SCP's being called to flag on for sampling, very rarely does an actual rp test happen.

In the dev tracker there is already something to incentivise some more activity within CC's and if not maintained will lead to a breach.
https://github.com/orgs/civilnetworks-projects/projects/3/views/5?pane=issue&itemId=18924328
I respect your opinion but my reward for being on the game for 2 hours is being able to play it for 2 hours.

Reactions: Benji

Edwin

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This would undermine the point of being on SCP and make low population breaches more devastating. The content team will look into ways of making the wait for breaches less "Stand around and do nothing" but this is not the direction we wish to go for. For the crediting of SCPs, it is too easily abusable.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.