Accepted SCP-RP Rule Suggestion: Airstrikes

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
There should be a rule made that the GOC are not allowed to airstrike themselves (their own base)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
GOC do not die when the airstrike goes through the floor
Encourages raiding/combative RP instead of F or CI being absolutely flattened.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
GOC May need clarification of radius as to where they are allowed to airstrike

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Stops needless death, better combat rp on surface.

Reactions: John Dear
Feb 24, 2023
So like, they should be allowed to airstrike the base, as it's really small and most likely EZ to repair compared to all dying and losing the base. However, I will say they shouldn't kill themselves/other GOCs with air striking their base.
Unfortunately in a raid just now, they killed 5 GOC and 4 F on a strike to try stop a raid (within compound)

+Support

Hitting one's self's position with artillery or air strikes like this would cause immense destruction to the property and land around and for the example of the UNGOC's Embassy, it would wreck the walls, the gate, the Offices, the Embassy and leave craters in the ground for days, weeks, perhaps even months.

Nonetheless i support this suggestion.

I'd like to request clarification on this. Are you saying that with this suggestion, you don't want them to be able to bomb outside their main gate, or just inside the front compound?

GOC's base is literally a tiny garage for vehicles, a little embassy and everything important is inside of a fortified bunker. Airstriking their base with a non-nuclear bomb out of every faction aside from Foundation makes extreme sense. However, I can understand the gameplay loop sucking significantly if forces make it in and then breach the compound only to get blown up.

In other words;

+Support if this suggestion is only for the front compound of the base

-Support if thats gonna include the front/main gate too.

Feb 24, 2023
I'd like to request clarification on this. Are you saying that with this suggestion, you don't want them to be able to bomb outside their main gate, or just inside the front compound?

GOC's base is literally a tiny garage for vehicles, a little embassy and everything important is inside of a fortified bunker. Airstriking their base with a non-nuclear bomb out of every faction aside from Foundation makes extreme sense. However, I can understand the gameplay loop sucking significantly if forces make it in and then breach the compound only to get blown up.

In other words;

+Support if this suggestion is only for the front compound of the base

-Support if thats gonna include the front/main gate too.
Just the compound, not anything outside the gates unless a defined radius was put by staff!

Just the compound, not anything outside the gates unless a defined radius was put by staff!
Then +Support. Whilst I still think it makes sense in lore to do it, wiping everyone just to deny a raid is a significant dampener on the gameplay loop which is most important. If they can react fast enough to deploy it at the main gate going forward, this shouldn't be a problem.

Heads up: We don't do this on US. It is MRDM to bomb your own base directly and kill everyone in your own faction.
On US, GOC bombs the front gate to prevent raids and we usually wait for hacking or gunfire to enter before doing so. Which is substantially different to a direct bombing of their own base.

Honestly? If no GOC are in the base, bombing it makes sense. Please ensure this is clarified, rather than just a blanket "do not bomb base lol".

Feb 24, 2023
Heads up: We don't do this on US. It is MRDM to bomb your own base directly and kill everyone in your own faction.
On US, GOC bombs the front gate to prevent raids and we usually wait for hacking or gunfire to enter before doing so. Which is substantially different to a direct bombing of their own base.

Honestly? If no GOC are in the base, bombing it makes sense. Please ensure this is clarified, rather than just a blanket "do not bomb base lol".
Ah! The SL involved in the sit regarding this said it wasnt MRDM or FailRP... or even a rule break :/

Bobertio Bobertioson

Aug 9, 2022
Surely this wont cause many staff issues as the airstrike radius can and will dip into the compound even when placed outside, which is it's ideal usage!

-Support, the incident today was one of the few times where friendlies are caught in an airstrike (without it being their fault or them running into the radius for 0 reason) and was not purposely supposed to hit into the bunker, as for other points saying "The walls would be hit", I assure you the GOC would rather damage their own building than have an LAV and 50 NU7 run inside their base. Making this a concrete rule will make surface combat RP more annoying as you already get a worthless sit called on you 20 times, takes 15 minutes, then declared not a rule break. This will just mean more and more sits when GOC airstrike outside their base. No thanks.

If someone has proof of a ton of airstrikes purposely hitting the bunker then I'd love to see them, but making a rule like this after 1 airstrike accidentally hits friendlies solely because it ruined an F raid is a bit stupid considering we are allowed to drop a giant bomb on it and airstrike it if an SCP is inside the courtyard, making this a rule will remove that functionality making the already useless 1000lb bomb even more useless as it will likely also be disallowed due to the way you have worded the suggestion. I think a few of you need to take into account you have not used the air support feature and so are unfamiliar with what accidents and such can occur * ESPECIALLY when someones in the middle of combat trying to use tac tab.

Last edited:

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
Surely this wont cause many staff issues as the airstrike radius can and will dip into the compound even when placed outside, which is it's ideal usage!

-Support, the incident today was one of the few times where friendlies are caught in an airstrike (without it being their fault or them running into the radius for 0 reason) and was not purposely supposed to hit into the bunker, as for other points saying "The walls would be hit", I assure you the GOC would rather damage their own building than have an LAV and 50 NU7 run inside their base. Making this a concrete rule will make surface combat RP more annoying as you already get a worthless sit called on you 20 times, takes 15 minutes, then declared not a rule break. This will just mean more and more sits when GOC airstrike outside their base. No thanks.

If someone has proof of a ton of airstrikes purposely hitting the bunker then I'd love to see them, but making a rule like this after 1 airstrike accidentally hits friendlies solely because it ruined an F raid is a bit stupid considering we are allowed to drop a giant bomb on it and airstrike it if an SCP is inside the courtyard, making this a rule will remove that functionality making the already useless 1000lb bomb even more useless as it will likely also be disallowed due to the way you have worded the suggestion. I think a few of you need to take into account you have not used the air support feature and so are unfamiliar with what accidents and such can occur * ESPECIALLY when someones in the middle of combat trying to use tac tab.
100% This. The Airstrike ignores a lot of interiors.

- support btw

NR_Does_Stuff

Oct 27, 2022
+ Support
GOC once airstriked me while on their base as 999. Don't see why GOC would even want to airstrike their base in the first place. Unnecessary damage/casualties.

Status
Not open for further replies.