SCP-RP (UK) - Ban Appeal - Lewis Ribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jar

May 2, 2024

What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (UK)

Your in-game name: Lewis Ribble

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:207940463

Ban Reason: Crash attempt

Date of ban: 02/05/24

Who banned you: Cheetah "Perseus" Ivanov

Ban length: Perma

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Wont be so quick to do what others ask of me and never touch a pot or pan again

Why should you be unbanned: My understanding of the reason that I was banned is due to trying to crash the server through spawning pots and pans. As an overall view, I understand the reasoning for the ban however hopefully I can shed some light on my side of things which will hopefully assist with receiving a less severe punishment of a permaban. I was a Gensec cadet and at the time I was getting a Class D out for testing. As I was getting a class D out, a senior doctor asked me if I could spawn him some pots and pans. Without thinking about it, I spawned the pots and pans and then went off to test. A couple minutes later I was brought by a member of staff called Fang Hakari I think it is, who spoke to me about spawning the pots and pans. I explained what happened and he verbally warned me not to do it again. About half an hour later, I was again brought into a sit but by a person called "Cheetah perseus ivanov". Without allowing everyone in the sit to explain ourselves, he told us straight away we would be getting Perma banned for trying to crash the server. After it was explained I understand that mass spawning props could crash the server, but in no way shape or form was me spawning a few pots an attempt to crash the server. Whether this is what the Senior Doctor who asked me to spawn the pans was doing I dont know, but it was just something I did quickly and with little thought to be honest. I've only recently joined the server (couple weeks?) and the server is something I genuinely want to put time into. I feel as though a permanent ban is unfair for something I wasnt actually trying to do. Whilst I'm not asking for there to be no punishment, I would just like for it to be reviewed as I feel like a permanent ban isn't fair for something I wasnt even trying to do.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
This matter is currently being looked at by the Network Leadership team. A response will be provided shortly.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
After reviewing the matter, I have reduced your ban to a two week ban, starting from when you were originally banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.