Feb 16, 2024
Your in-game name:
Ultgrin/Adrian C
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:532768481
Your steam community link:
Date of ban:
Sat Apr 6 15:10:19 2024
What is your exact ban reason:
Cheating: illegal movement - Use illegal tools or scripts for hacking action(TE-5)
Who banned you:
Sean "Fearless"(Steam_0:1:63157345)
Ban length: 26 weeks
What server were you banned on?: UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again:
Never play on this server while the server is lagging, and remember to use OBS to record the clip instead NVIDA.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
-Warn:
FailRP: FearRP as a reality Bender
-Kick:
No kick on record
-Ban:
No ban on record

Why should you be unbanned:
-Background:

On Saturday, Apr 6, there were 128 players online. Due to a server update, the SL decided to restart the whole server. Before that, they triggered a massive breach as an event. I was playing as 079, and I got breached. I hacked the turrets that were deployed on D-block and Gensec. However, this is the time when the server starts lagging because there are so many entities. [Edit] After the event was finished, I was notified by admin “Fearless” that I would get a ban because of a report from Anti-Cheat (AC) that I was using a script or third-party script to solve a hacking puzzle. This is a big mistake, and I believe that is a false report from AC due to server lagging, and AC’s false alarm situation can commonly occur when the server is lagging to detect, calculate, and execute functions.

-Explain why the AC think that i am cheating:
Like I said, the server is running in a high population, where there's a massive breach and thousands of entities and functions are called in a single frame. The server was lagging. Even I have noclip as SCP-079, there is still trouble moving. Since I couldn't breach any SCPs, I went to Gensec's spawn and EZ after this and hacked the turret to help other SCPs. I realized something was wrong because the loading time of Hacking Matrix was much longer than before. I had to wait almost 30 seconds for a complete metrix to load, some metrix can't even load, and can't exit the loading. Because I had noclip, I distanced myself from the turret to restart hacking. However, the AC thinks the clientside is still hacking, and it didn't refresh the hacking process. In EZ, I was trying to hack the turrets, Halfway through the hack, a new matrix replaced the old matrix, and a glitch happened. I finished the puzzle again, however, it just stuck there, didn't run its function.

Sends a large number of data packets at once because ther server is lagging, it will cause AC to think that it is completed immediately. However, the hacking puzzle is processed by the client instead of serverside. That's the reason.

-Why I won't use illegal tools for hacking:
I played various RPs, and i know the serious consequences of the hacking. In order to have a better skill on hacking and 079, I almost passed my time on hacker training while I was waiting for the breach of 079. I have done almost hundreds of CL4 hacking. I DON'T NEED A SCRIPT TO HELP ME.

Here's some clips that show my CL4 hacking:
|

Here's the early training before being banned is also a proof that the server is very lagging, leading to hacking legal moves:
Beside, if I want to use a script, I must disconnect to inject the Glua in order to get client info from hacking device, but I didn't disconnect for a game restart, instead waiting for a breach.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
Don't take any suspicious actions.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Because I was playing this server for a long time, I play it every weekend. This is a very interesting server, with lua written by professional developers, which brings an interesting game experience. I even purchaed XK for this server to support this community growing.

Thanks for reviewing

Last edited:

Adrian

Feb 16, 2024
Sorry for aggressive language, I just want to show I didn't cheat.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to make an appeal, and apologize for the delay.

The Network Leadership team has reviewed your appeal. Taking into consideration the videos, and looking through the detection logs, I am not satisfied to a sufficient extent that the detection was not due to lag.

Given this, I have elected to unban you from the network.

I do note however, that if further detections continued, the matter will be further reviewed.

Thanks

Canoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.